Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD - Merle season2 spoiler...

Administrator

England

TWD - Merle season2 spoiler...

Looks like Michael Rooker's character is to return...

I know I’m coming back, but I don’t know exactly when.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49391
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Looks like Michael Rooker's character is to return...

I know I’m coming back, but I don’t know exactly when.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49391
    Hopefully to come back in one episode only where it shows him being outright killed. That's one Southern sterotype that has been way too overused and has maligned the South for entirely too long. Might as well throw in a character from the Dakotas who says: "Dont'cha know? Oh yah!" every other sentence and is, of course, a poor farmer and someone from Boston who is a Red Sox fanatic who forgets his/her R's in each word that requires an R as well.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Hopefully to come back in one episode only where it shows him being outright killed. That's one Southern sterotype that has been way too overused and has maligned the South for entirely too long. Might as well throw in a character from the Dakotas who says: "Dont'cha know? Oh yah!" every other sentence and is, of course, a poor farmer and someone from Boston who is a Red Sox fanatic who forgets his/her R's in each word that requires an R as well.

j.p.
    True to a point. However...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I will be glad to have him back. Rooker is a legend and it's damn nice to have someone of his talent participating in the show.

And yeah.....there are people like Merle.

Administrator

England

j.p.
    If he does come back in, I'd like to see how they explain them finding each other?! ie: The group and he have moved on geographically...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    Hopefully to come back in one episode only where it shows him being outright killed.
    I don't know why, but I really want to see him killed by a falling anvil if/when he finally dies. It would be like watching a Yosemite Sam cartoon.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

I'd hit that. Wait, I think I have already...

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If he does come back in, I'd like to see how they explain them finding each other?! ie: The group and he have moved on geographically...
    Great point, Neil, I agree. Sometimes a man just needs a hand from his friends (haha!!! Hah! Okay, shame on me).

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    I don't know why, but I really want to see him killed by a falling anvil if/when he finally dies. It would be like watching a Yosemite Sam cartoon.
    I concur. It would be fitting. I'm still waiting on the zombies to 'evolve' into trying to drive cars after our heroes.

j.p.

United States
    I'd hit that. Wait, I think I have already....
    Don't talk about my sister like that. Besides, I hit it first.

Dying

United States
    I concur. It would be fitting. I'm still waiting on the zombies to 'evolve' into trying to drive cars after our heroes.
    Only if its two zombies driving the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    Only if its two zombies driving the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard.
    Only if a zombiefied Waylon Jennings does the voice over whenever they gotta go airborne...
    "Those Undead boahs is in a whole heapa trouble."
    Freeze frame and then cut to commercial.
    Last edited by rongravy; 26-Apr-2011 at 01:57 AM. Reason: no.

United States
    Yes! Bring back Michael Rooker! He's a great talent for sure. I had no problem with Merle.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    If they bring him back I hope they kill him. I personally couldn't care less if people like him exist in real life or not. People like him can get killed for being stupid rednecks who are a danger to the group, right? That could happen in real life. So let's do that.

But I know they won't do that. So my backup hope is that they don't try to pull some flashback shenanigan where it turns out Merle drove the truck filled with zombies back up to the camp. We all wondered whether that was how a whole group of zombies invaded all of a sudden. We all think it'd be very implausible for Merle to have pulled it off. But I still have the fear they are gonna try to explain it that way.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love that people get so angry about this character throwing around "the N word" and being a douchebag, while there have been the same types of characters in every movie of Romero's trilogy. "Spick" and even "chocolate man" are thrown around, ffs.

Anyway.....when they bring Merle back, who knows how he'll be? Maybe he'll turn around like his brother and become an ally to the group? Daryl was a hot-headed bastard at first, but became valuable to the group and quite the badass.
    Last edited by bassman; 26-Apr-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    But I know they won't do that.
    Why? I could see them bringing him back for one more turn as the bad guy & then killing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I love that people get so angry about this character throwing around "the N word" and being a douchebag, while there have been the same types of characters in every movie of Romero's trilogy. "Spick" and even "chocolate man" are thrown around, ffs.
    Yeah but those guys are COOL. They're not racist, just funny. Everybody wants to be just like them when they grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Anyway.....when they bring Merle back, who knows how he'll be? Maybe he'll turn around like his brother and become an ally to the group? Daryl was a hot-headed bastard at first, but became valuable to the group and quite the badass.
    Ehhh...Merle doesn't seem quite as...prone to reason as his brother...
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 26-Apr-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: MORE?!?!?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Yeah but those guys are COOL. They're not racist, just funny. Everybody wants to be just like them when they grow up.
    Speak for yourself, Moon, I wouldn't ever want to be like any of those people, you yo-yo chocolate man!

j.p.