Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3D

Administrator

England

Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3D

Some familiar faces (voices) in this one:-

Joseph Pilato - Harry Cooper
    Tony Todd - Ben

That makes it all three of the original trilogy Joseph has been in now, in one way or another

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I remember he talked about it a bit some time back:

When is this coming out?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Couple more interesting cast members: Danielle Harris as Barbra, Bill Moseley reprising his role as Johnny from '90 & Tom Sizemore as Chief McClelland ().

Listed in post as of Dec 17th, so who knows release date.

IMBD page

Wikipedia article
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 26-Apr-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: /

United States
    Glad Mos Def is no longer a part of it. That guy's voice and acting are as shitty as it gets.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Glad Mos Def is no longer a part of it. That guy's voice and acting are as shitty as it gets.
    I really enjoy Mos. His role in Hitchhikers Guide as Ford Prefect was just about damn perfect. Through repeated viewings, the guy keeps me laughing.

Aside from that, I've seen him in 13 Blocks and thought he was pretty damn good in that.

One of the few rappers-turned-actors that can actually do both...
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Apr-2011 at 02:34 AM. Reason: fuck this "required" shit!

United States
    What is this? A cartoon?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBSMITH View Post
    What is this? A cartoon?
    3-D (computer) animation...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Being a victim of Facebook, I recently "befriended" Joe Pilato and he has been talking up this project for a while- got to say that I am intrigued and want to see this one.

Joe also shared that in DOTD in the scene at the dock, he and his cohorts were actually real cops going renegade and not outlaws posing as cops as I previously had been led to believe - who knew?

But again, I will probably be spending to get this one!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Joe also shared that in DOTD in the scene at the dock, he and his cohorts were actually real cops going renegade and not outlaws posing as cops as I previously had been led to believe - who knew?
    I had always kinda been on the fence about this. I alwys thought MAYBE they were real cops...unless they WERN'T... :P. You could read that scene either way, but I always got the vibe they were real cops...maybe...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I had always kinda been on the fence about this. I alwys thought MAYBE they were real cops...unless they WERN'T... :P. You could read that scene either way, but I always got the vibe they were real cops...maybe...
    I had always thought they were bogus cops- the Sparrow novelization I think either implied this or said it outright. Not that what Joe said makes it so or not so - like the "who is Martinez" controversy I am sure this answer will vary depending on whic cast member it crew member you're speaking with.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Scotland
    I Think 3D will eventually overcome HD 2D format. But in my opinion, 3D just ruins films. especially brilliant ones like NOTLD! i dont like the fact that its in 3D but i think it could be a decent enough film. nothing compared to the 1968 Nor the 1990 versions though but it will be a good film. . im actually genuinely surprised and overwhelmed by the casting choices for this film. it makes you want to watch it even more. like for example Tony Todd is reprising his roll as Ben, Joseph Pilato, Who seemed to be the only tolerable and skillful actor in Day Of The Dead as Captain Rhodes and Danielle Harris, who is much cuter and grown up since the last time i seen her in the Halloween films as Jamie Lloyd. its all very interesting. . should be a good film. .
    Last edited by Darksider18; 01-Aug-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Missed Some Details.
    If You Believe In Something, It Will Exist. For As Long As You Live, Or Die, You Will Always Be Controlled By Beliefs And Compulsions. Mortal.

Undisclosed
    A trailer is up. I do not know what to think of it to be honest.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25842

United States
    ugh. i was expecting something much more visually appealing. i think the fmv cut-scenes from resident evil 2 are almost as good looking as this.

still, the voice acting has me kiinda wanting to at least have a look at it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    A trailer is up. I do not know what to think of it to be honest.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25842
    Have to say... I'm not sold so far!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Yuck. Looks like a PS2 cutscene idd.
    Let the original trilogy be. God knows it has suffered through one too many 'remakes'. Now this...
    Looks like they actually could make the feared cgi 'dead eye' syndrome work for them though.