Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden dead

UK
    I suppose Donald Trump will wanna see his death certificate...

Super Moderator

UK
    My theory was that Bin Laden was like that O'Blivion dude in Videodrome.

In that he had been dead for ages, but he'd produced a whole shit-ton of videos for every eventuality.

What are the bets that the next South Park episode will be about this? Or, perhaps not the one in a few days, but the one next week. Gotta be a certainty.

United States

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What are the bets that the next South Park episode will be about this? Or, perhaps not the one in a few days, but the one next week. Gotta be a certainty.
    south park needing to take its plots from the news rather than write something original? naw...that could never happen

alos. you know whos response:

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Of course. In fact it will probably be the basis for many episodes to come. That's all those guys do...

United States
    Right, so they "Got him"; now what?

It's a big hit to Al-Queda, sure, but they're a pretty extensive organization. The "War on Terr" ain't over by a long shot. And why should it? Bin Laden's death doesn't mean the Executive Branch will be taking away any of the emergency powers it aquired (Yeah, Barry, we've noticed). There's still Trillions to be made by the Military-Industrial complex going after this week's "Number 2".

Watching my fellow Americans on TV dancing in the street at the news of Bin Laden's death creeped me out. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that he's out of circulation (Even if he'll be viewed as a martyr by his people), but there's an element of Bloodlust in the whole news report cycle that I find off-putting.

What have we won, really?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    They're going to haul ass out of Afghanistan and head home, didn't you know that? Just like they did after Hussein was captured and killed. It's over. No more war.

Ireland

It's a big hit to Al-Queda, sure, but they're a pretty extensive organization. The "War on Terr" ain't over by a long shot. And why should it? Bin Laden's death doesn't mean the Executive Branch will be taking away any of the emergency powers it aquired (Yeah, Barry, we've noticed). There's still Trillions to be made by the Military-Industrial complex going after this week's "Number 2".

Watching my fellow Americans on TV dancing in the street at the news of Bin Laden's death creeped me out. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that he's out of circulation (Even if he'll be viewed as a martyr by his people), but there's an element of Bloodlust in the whole news report cycle that I find off-putting.

Absolutely nothing, assuming it was actually Bin Laden that was shot. But, it'll make great copy in four months time. Convenient that, isn't it?

Either way, Bin Laden was small potatoes, blown out of all proportion by Western Govts. and trumpeted as The "leader" of Al Qaeda, when such a group doesn't really exist as the monolithtic entity that most assume it does. There are many leaders among the various groups under what the West calls "Al Qaeda" and most of them probably more important that a Saudi money man, who was suffering with kidney disease.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Giving a monster who orchestrated the murder of thousands of innocents his just deserts. Yeah that in itself doesn't mean Al Qaeda is defeated, but Bin Laden still had it coming.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States

His death changes everything. It changes the concept that Democrats in office are weak on defense, a trend that started with Mcgoverns failed 72 election run, continued through carters iran hostage thing, and kept going with Clintons draft dodging scandal. Republicans can no longer run on the concept that democrats are soft in defense. It also makes the whole Trump birth certificate even more of a waste of time.

if anything its a real palpable victory in a war without victories. We've been at war for nearly 10 years, I was 13 when the attacks happened, I'm 23. I don't know what peace or victory feels like. This is a terrific experience to me, not only the fact that we actually did it, that we had a flawless intelligence op with no military or Civilian losses.

This could be our Stalingrad moment, a victory that while not ending the war, comes after a long drown out war with no real victories. Lets hope we broke the their moral, so we can finally push to end this thing.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    It also makes the whole Trump birth certificate even more of a waste of time.

***THE PRECEDING POST DOES NOT REFLECT THE MORAL, ETHICAL, PHILOSPOHICAL, RELIGIOUS, OR POLITICAL VIEWS OF THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT OF
    MOONSYLVER. WE JUST THINK IT'S FUNNY...***
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 03-May-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Ain't done

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My question is: Every other tyrannical leader/dictator/whatever that has been captured/killed has had pictures/videos of his body publicly released almost immediately. Why isn't there a single one of Osama bin Laden's body?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    theres a picture of the body doing the rounds, clicked on it without knowing what it was and ,sheesh. yeah thats him alright. but either he was living like saddam or that aint fresh...

United States
    Some pakistani dude twittered about the raid without knowning it was going on.

http://storify.com/suntimes/the-man-...adens-death-on-

Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event). ReallyVirtual May 1, 2011 at 13:58

<LI id=sfy_p3 class="element tweetElement" sizset="0" sizcache="4066" permalink="http://twitter.com/ReallyVirtual/status/64782523485528065">
    Reply Retweet
    Go away helicopter - before I take out my giant swatter :-/ ReallyVirtual May 1, 2011 at 14:05

<LI id=sfy_p4 class="element tweetElement" permalink="http://twitter.com/ReallyVirtual/status/64783440226168832">
    Reply Retweet
    A huge window shaking bang here in Abbottabad Cantt. I hope its not the start of something nasty :-S ReallyVirtual May 1, 2011 at 14:09

<LI id=sfy_p5 class="element tweetElement" permalink="http://twitter.com/ReallyVirtual/status/64795626499604483">
    Reply Retweet
    @raihak Funny, moving to Abbottabad was part of the 'being safe' strategy ReallyVirtual May 1, 2011 at 14:57

<LI id=sfy_p6 class="element tweetElement" permalink="http://twitter.com/han3yy/status/64792521141796864">
    Reply Retweet
    OMG :S Bomb Blasts in Abbottabad.. I hope everyone is fine han3yy May 1, 2011 at 14:45

<LI id=sfy_p7 class="element tweetElement" permalink="http://twitter.com/ReallyVirtual/status/64792407144796160">
    Reply Retweet
    @m0hcin all silent after the blast, but a friend heard it 6 km away too... the helicopter is gone too. ReallyVirtual May 1, 2011 at 14:44

"Go away helicopter - before I take out my giant swatter :-/" LOL giant swatter = RPG?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    While i'm very glad the world is now negative one major douchebag, in the grand scheme of things this really means nothing.
    What I'm seeing on the news, on facebook, and all over the internet..."yay we've sunk the fucking mothership"...err....no...you aint. This isn't independence day and none of us are any safer.

Especially as there have been very strong rumours of a dirty bomb in Europe if Osama was caught/killed.

Ahh whatever, let people have their street parties as you say bm, its closure for those deepest affected by it - but its not really closure because all that's been achieved is Mickey Mouse has been shot but you've still got an entire band of Looney Toons out there already, who are spread far and wide and exist FAR beyond that of a regular hierarchical regime.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    theres a picture of the body doing the rounds, clicked on it without knowing what it was and ,sheesh. yeah thats him alright. but either he was living like saddam or that aint fresh...
    I dunno it looks pretty fresh, he's lost a lot of blood from the head so it looks probably a bit yellower in that area. The pics of Saddam's sons, that appeared during Iraq Part 2: Return of Bush looked far more rotten, if I remember correctly!

It could be a shop tho, I can tell from teh pixels!
    I mean, it could be a good shop - like they could have put his mouth on a shot up face that looked a little like him, most of it's pretty messy...wouldn't be hard really, especially as these people always have doubles too...

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

RE: THE BODY PIC

It could be a shop tho, I can tell from teh pixels!
    I mean, it could be a good shop - like they could have put his mouth on a shot up face that looked a little like him, most of it's pretty messy...wouldn't be hard really, especially as these people always have doubles too...

I mean, I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist - but if you look at this picture of a sort of "before and after" of Osama (go to google images search for: "osama bin laden's body"
    and the only dead pics you get are the same pic, and one variation where they have clearly flipped it sideways, the SEVENTH result is clearly a comparison pic which is basically the same pic as the dead one, except he's clearly alive - same head pose, same mouth position, same head position.)
    That does look fucking fishy! Besides - I think this pic is a "fan" made sort of thing, nothing official....right??

Cos really, fishy.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

in fact yeah I got the link that proves the death pic is faked - clicked around for a bit and came up with absolute proof - its in a spoiler box, (the link I mean) so if you want to click it, do, if you don't want to see a dead body (a real one) then please, don't click the link.

Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.