Thread: Drop your shit kids, it's Dr Who general time again

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Drop your shit kids, it's Dr Who general time again

we still have no thread for this season of dr who 4 episodes in, dayum shame.

So. yes, anyway.
    The doctors wife, penned by Neil 'the sandman' Gaiman.

Thought's?

Personally i think its one of the best dr who episodes i have ever seen. people laughed, they cried, matt smiths acting was his best and the story was excellent for what was basically a tiny, tiny event in the drs history he may never references again.

not spoiling it since its still hours away from airing in the states but the season opener rocked and this was a big step up from the mediocre episode last week.

I just hope they get gaiman back again sometime.

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    I admit that I don't watch Dr. Who, but I assume by this part that the episode was filled with blatant drug use, a strange plot that only kind of makes sense, and is a poorly veiled ripoff of something that Alan Moore did ten years prior for a different television series?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    we still have no thread for this season of dr who 4 episodes in, dayum shame.

So. yes, anyway.

Thought's?

Personally i think its one of the best dr who episodes i have ever seen. people laughed, they cried, matt smiths acting was his best and the story was excellent for what was basically a tiny, tiny event in the drs history he may never references again.

not spoiling it since its still hours away from airing in the states but the season opener rocked and this was a big step up from the mediocre episode last week.

I just hope they get gaiman back again sometime.
    I am embaressed, since I'm usually one of a couple people ( on the American side of the pond ) to pimp Dr. Who shamelessly on these boards.
    I'd initially been on the fence about Matt Smith playing our fav Time Lord, though his adorable ginger gal-pal made the viewing part of it a pleasure.

Still, I ended generally happy about the show until this season's less than stellar start.

The very promoted America eppie arrived with the thud akin to a dead albatross, the very least inspired installment thus far, and the only fun thing about the pirate one was Lily Cole - and that wasn't even close to what she gave in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.

I'm hoping that the Doctor's Wife turns this around.

Wayne Z

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

So 'The Doctor's Wife was very good, even slightly evocative of alittle 'Ship That Sang.'( Ann McCaffery, of Dragon Riders fame ) in the over-all revelation.

I sure hope the rest of the season does as well.

Wayne Z

United States
    I've watched 'the Doctor's Wife' twice since it aired, love this episode.

To avoid spoilers, I'll stop talking now.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.