View Poll Results: Which is the better action film?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die Hard

11 52.38%
  • Terminator 2

10 47.62%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Die Hard or Terminator 2? Which is the Better Action Movie?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'm gonna say 'Supercop'. Yeah!!
    No? Fine then, the one I've seen, T:2. Robots!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Now "Lethal Weapon" vs "Die Hard" or "Commando" vs "Rambo: First Blood Part II" would make for great comparisons.
    Lethal Weapon Vs Die hard....I 100% agree....pretty close call.

Commando? really? maybe I need to go back and watch it. I don't remember it being worthy to mention in a Die Hard thread but it's been awhile.

and yes...I voted Die Hard hands down but "With a Vengence" is my favorite one.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 17-May-2011 at 03:02 AM. Reason: ...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Lethal Weapon Vs Die hard....I 100% agree....pretty close call.

Commando? really? maybe I need to go back and watch it. I don't remember it being worthy to mention in a Die Hard thread but it's been awhile..
    Re-read. That was "Lethal Weapon" vs "Die Hard" OR "Commando" vs "RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II"

United States
    ah ok I missed that.

Administrator

England
    Re-read. That was "Lethal Weapon" vs "Die Hard" OR "Commando" vs "RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II"
    Do you not think Lethal Weapon 2 is more in the 'tone' of Die Hard, than the first Lethal Weapon?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Commando is laughable, its an entertaining watch but its so ridiculous! Gun shops that sell missile launchers, an entire army that cant shoot straight, Arnie firing from the hip with an M60 and hitting everyone with deadly accuracy, a shirtless Arnie getting blown up by a grenade but just getting up & brushing the dust off, a camp main baddie in a chainmail vest who is surely too fat to ever have been a commando...

United States
    Not to say Commando isn't completely over the top, but I'll contest a couple of points...

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Gun shops that sell missile launchers
    They're running illegal arms out of the back. Note that Matrix has to find the buzzer to access the hidden room. (I always presumed he knew it was there in the first place from either his contacts or from back in the day.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    a shirtless Arnie getting blown up by a grenade but just getting up & brushing the dust off,
    Two things here: first we see him dive for cover & second, we do see he receives some kind of wound (either bruised or broken ribs).

Sorry to be pedantic, but if you're going to slag on one of my favorite action films, I have to at least make sure your facts are correct.

As for the rest...the army that can't hit, that's a pretty common convention of MANY westerns & action films. Would be a disappointing movie otherwise...

M-60 scene? Unbelievable sure, but wicked cool none the less.

As for Bennett, yeah he's a bit odd. Never had any trouble believing he could have just gone to seed though. (Now the REST of Matrix's team who get killed in the beginning, THOSE guys I always thought "wtf?" )
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 17-May-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: and another thing...

Ireland
    Um...hate 'Commando', sorry Aces and Moonie!

But...watched 'Die Hard' and 'Die Hard 2' last night. The first is still very good, even though that black guy with the glasses gets on my tits. The Duane character is a bit silly as well and kind of makes the second half a bit too ridiculous. I can't help feeling that Paul Gleason thinks he's still in the 'Breakfast Club'. The ending is pants as well. Overall though, it's a great film for it's type, which admittedly isn't saying much.

'Die Hard 2', on the other hand isn't really that hot. It started off well, but by the 30 minute mark I was bored. At the end I didn't give a hoot, who was around. It suffers very much from that "Difficult Second Album" syndrome.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 17-May-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Um...hate 'Commando', sorry Aces and Moonie!
    Can't say as I'm surprised. I wouldn't expect any less.

England
    Not to say Commando isn't completely over the top, but I'll contest a couple of points...

They're running illegal arms out of the back. Note that Matrix has to find the buzzer to access the hidden room. (I always presumed he knew it was there in the first place from either his contacts or from back in the day.)

Two things here: first we see him dive for cover & second, we do see he receives some kind of wound (either bruised or broken ribs).

Sorry to be pedantic, but if you're going to slag on one of my favorite action films, I have to at least make sure your facts are correct.

As for the rest...the army that can't hit, that's a pretty common convention of MANY westerns & action films. Would be a disappointing movie otherwise...

M-60 scene? Unbelievable sure, but wicked cool none the less.

As for Bennett, yeah he's a bit odd. Never had any trouble believing he could have just gone to seed though. (Now the REST of Matrix's team who get killed in the beginning, THOSE guys I always thought "wtf?" )
    How about when Arnie plants those claymores outside those buildings, then when he detonates them the buildings explode from the inside! complete with mannequin in fatigues on sentry duty that doesnt move when blown up! Dont get me wrong its a hugely entertaining film to watch, but its daft as hell! Only Arnie could survive leaping from a jumbo jet & landing in a marsh...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Commando is pure cheese... no doubt about it. However, it is a fun watch because it is a highly quotable movie. Not too mention him tearing through the security guards at the mall was a great watch...

"He is one gigantic mutherfucker"
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    No? Fine then, the one I've seen, T:2. Robots!!!
    Dude....you still haven't seen Die Hard? I will mail you a copy, ffs. You can't go on without having seen Die Hard. They're all gonna laugh at you!

United States
    While I love me some T2, Die Hard has to be the winner for me in this one.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Dude....you still haven't seen Die Hard? I will mail you a copy, ffs. You can't go on without having seen Die Hard. They're all gonna laugh at you!
    No, Bass, he can't mean that! Blind must mean he hasn't seen Die Hard recently. Right, Blind?

Right???

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    He should get a flogging for not having seen Die Hard
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*