View Poll Results: Which is the better action film?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die Hard

11 52.38%
  • Terminator 2

10 47.62%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Die Hard or Terminator 2? Which is the Better Action Movie?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I... But I've seen almost all the Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee films, and almost half of Jet Li's stuff! Doesn't that count for something?! I mean, what's the point of an action movie without martial arts?! (Realizes that was a stupid thing to say) Um, I mean... I don't get out much... Fine, you win! I'll go buy the VHS for a dollar! Happy?!
    Predator was pretty good... Um... Robocop I love... And Supercop... Police Story...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've actually never been a big fan of the martial arts action movies. I've seen a lot of them, but they don't really do anything for me. I need guns, explosions, and wise cracking heroes. I'm A-murr-can.
    Last edited by bassman; 18-May-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    For some of the best in guns and explosions, I refer you back to the first twenty or so minutes of Jackie Chan's First Strike. He snowboards off a cliff, grabbing onto a helicopter that blown up by a rocket a second later and plunges into icy water below, with the shrapnel raining down around him. Wise cracks? Not so much... God, I love that movie... Ladder fight scene... Car chase... Shark and underwater scene... Jumping the sports car onto the boat... Jesus, I'm gonna cum...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love chop socky flicks... but films like Die Hard are way more enjoyable for me. Like Bassman... I am A-murrr-a-can
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Dying

United States
    Screw kung fu movies. Bond movies are were it's at. I'd like to see a ninja kick a guy in the face while keeping his martini from spilling.

Super Moderator

UK
    Insanely hard choice ... well, not like Sophie's Choice, but still, it's a tricky old choice.

I opted for T2 in the end - a close call between these two brutes. T2 is balls-out action with some kick arse sequences that still blow my mind to this day. Die Hard was and is an awesome movie, and action movie, but T2 was just incredible when it came to the action sequences. Hell, many of them still get my adrenaline flowing and my heart pounding to this day. I'm getting shivers just thinking about T2!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-May-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    Screw kung fu movies. Bond movies are were it's at. I'd like to see a ninja kick a guy in the face while keeping his martini from spilling.
    Ninjas drink REAL alcohol. It's called SAKE, foo'! And, um... I don't believe I or anyone else mentioned ninjas specifically... *Adds this post to reasons Mitchiwho is not a person I especially like*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    For some of the best in guns and explosions, I refer you back to the first twenty or so minutes of Jackie Chan's First Strike. He snowboards off a cliff, grabbing onto a helicopter that blown up by a rocket a second later and plunges into icy water below, with the shrapnel raining down around him. Wise cracks? Not so much... God, I love that movie... Ladder fight scene... Car chase... Shark and underwater scene... Jumping the sports car onto the boat... Jesus, I'm gonna cum...
    Policy Story (Jackie Chan) is epic!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow, this poll is turning into a real horse race. More of you guys came of age to Arnie in T2 than I thought.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Wow, this poll is turning into a real horse race. More of you guys came of age to Arnie in T2 than I thought.
    I saw it in the theater when I was 6 (not sure what my parents were thinking) and it set the standard for every other action movie, imo. Definitely a memorable experience.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Yeah I was shocked how quick the gap closed myself. I do enjoy T2, especially the scene when Arnie crawls out of the small pick up and onto the SEMI and unloads the gun into the T-1000's face.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Yeah I was shocked how quick the gap closed myself. I do enjoy T2, especially the scene when Arnie crawls out of the small pick up and onto the SEMI and unloads the gun into the T-1000's face.
    did u happen to notice the scene when the T 1000 is in the helicopter and is reloading his guns with BOTH hands? look down, theres another hand maneuvering the copter

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Lethal Weapon Vs Die hard....I 100% agree....pretty close call.

Commando? really? maybe I need to go back and watch it. I don't remember it being worthy to mention in a Die Hard thread but it's been awhile.

and yes...I voted Die Hard hands down but "With a Vengence" is my favorite one.

then u must not realize the connection between die hard and commando.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    then u must not realize the connection between die hard and commando.
    The script for the Commando sequel(based on Nothing Lasts Forever, iirc) was altered to be Die Hard after Schwarzenneger turned down the chance to come back, but that doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not the original Commando could go toe-to-toe with Die Hard. I would have to agree with Mr Clean. While Commando is a cheesy fun ride, it's nowhere near the greatness of Die Hard.
    Last edited by bassman; 20-May-2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Damn, I'll be tucking that bit of info away for future use.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The script for the Commando sequel(based on Nothing Lasts Forever, iirc) was altered to be Die Hard after Schwarzenneger turned down the chance to come back, but that doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not the original Commando could go toe-to-toe with Die Hard. I would have to agree with Mr Clean. While Commando is a cheesy fun ride, it's nowhere near the greatness of Die Hard.

without commando there is no die hard