Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: water leak from upstairs

United States
    At least your rental has too be far far less than the crapholes that are avaliable back here in So Cali!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    At least your rental has too be far far less than the crapholes that are avaliable back here in So Cali!
    very true, i could never move back unless i had a job making over 100 k a year

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    very true, i could never move back unless i had a job making over 100 k a year
    Plus you can't complain to your apartment neighbors about leaks or noise since they might shoot at you here in Los Angeles.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Plus you can't complain to your apartment neighbors about leaks or noise since they might shoot at you here in Los Angeles.

uhm.....yea....i remember LOL. i grew up in south central

United States
    uhm.....yea....i remember LOL. i grew up in south central
    In some ways, living where you are is better than being here, brother. Wherever you go, there's always something that sucks, but no matter where you go there you are, right?

Be happy no matter where you live - don't let the everyday mundane shit get to you, brother. I could find something to complain about even under the best of circumstances, but it is always what we don't complain about that is easily forgotten. You could be in florida and it's too humid, or too rainy and self-congratulatory in Seattle. Too vegan and politically correct in San Francisco, and too much traffic and not much of a mayor in Los Angeles, not enough mexicans in Rhode Island, too many Asians in orange county. Life can suck or it can rule depending on your perspective. One man's mundane retail job is another man's ticket to paradise, right?
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 06-Jun-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: yeah

Chasing Prey

Canada
    In some ways, living where you are is better than being here, brother. Wherever you go, there's always something that sucks, but no matter where you go there you are, right?

Be happy no matter where you live - don't let the everyday mundane shit get to you, brother. I could find something to complain about even under the best of circumstances, but it is always what we don't complain about that is easily forgotten. You could be in florida and it's too humid, or too rainy and self-congratulatory in Seattle. Too vegan and politically correct in San Francisco, and too much traffic and not much of a mayor in Los Angeles, not enough mexicans in Rhode Island, too many Asians in orange county. Life can suck or it can rule depending on your perspective. One man's mundane retail job is another man's ticket to paradise, right?

very true,but all im asking is for people who are 20 years older than me to chill the fuck out with all the tweaking shit they do 24/7. is it too much to ask to not hear constant hammering and sawing?

United States
    very true,but all im asking is for people who are 20 years older than me to chill the fuck out with all the tweaking shit they do 24/7. is it too much to ask to not hear constant hammering and sawing?
    I hear you brother -it is never too much to ask for people to be considerate of others and generally people are pretty good and understanding about stuff like this. Occasionally you will have to deal with the random ass-face who decides that the rules of good conduct don't apply to them, though. Luckily these folks are usually the exception and not the norm and by and large most folks are pretty decent and cooperative. It adoes sucks when they are not cool and decent, and just a few bastards can really sour folks on the rest of humanity. Try not to let these idiots get to you, though. Life is way too short to sweat the little shit, and it's true that most shit is little shit in the end!

By the way, I can totally relate to having to deal with tweaker neighbors. I nearly got into a punching match with two dudes that lived down the hall from my wife and I years ago because they thought it was funny to blast their music at full volume at 2am. I was able to reason with them and convince them that it would be in our mutual best interests to not make an enemy out of me and we parted with an agreement to be respectful of each other. They later stopped some creep from breaking and entering into my apartment when we were out, so while they were annoying they had some good traits too. I get that I was lucky in my situation, and that not all problems with neighbors can be resolved in a calm and polite manner. Again, don't let the bastards get to you, brotherman!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 07-Jun-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Does anybody really know what time it is?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    I hear you brother -it is never too much to ask for people to be considerate of others and generally people are pretty good and understanding about stuff like this. Occasionally you will have to deal with the random ass-face who decides that the rules of good conduct don't apply to them, though. Luckily these folks are usually the exception and not the norm and by and large most folks are pretty decent and cooperative. It adoes sucks when they are not cool and decent, and just a few bastards can really sour folks on the rest of humanity. Try not to let these idiots get to you, though. Life is way too short to sweat the little shit, and it's true that most shit is little shit in the end!

By the way, I can totally relate to having to deal with tweaker neighbors. I nearly got into a punching match with two dudes that lived down the hall from my wife and I years ago because they thought it was funny to blast their music at full volume at 2am. I was able to reason with them and convince them that it would be in our mutual best interests to not make an enemy out of me and we parted with an agreement to be respectful of each other. They later stopped some creep from breaking and entering into my apartment when we were out, so while they were annoying they had some good traits too. I get that I was lucky in my situation, and that not all problems with neighbors can be resolved in a calm and polite manner. Again, don't let the bastards get to you, brotherman!

man u hit the nail on the head with that one LOL. i dont like my neighbors across the hall either,but since they dont work they can ward off burglars. if i had the chance to move into the other building a few months ago, i would have done it and i wouldnt have ever bitched about the noise because i'd be living under an old man who's never there.

best thing now is to get another place.......away from the welfare freaks.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The grass is always greener.....over the septic tank.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The grass is always greener.....over the septic tank.
    Erma Bombeck, is that you?

I thought you were dead, you dirty girl.

But you've been bass all this time.

Well played, madam, well played.

(it's too hot today)
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.