Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game) - Oh dear!

Undisclosed
    "Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards."

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye, makes sense - and it works for me too - a chance to play Aliens: The Game (essentially anyway)? YES PLEASE!
    Played it MZ...years ago!!!!!

Jesus, no wonder my eyes are buggered now.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    ^ Christ! I think I remember that!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Same here. Fantastic game! At the time. Real tense.
    Wasn't there an action game on the sega genesis a few years later?

Man, I'm getting old.
    Last edited by krisvds; 16-Jun-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: required

Super Moderator

UK
    Now this is a co-incidence. I had a dream the other night I was in a store and they were having a huge sale on VHS and Mega Drive games, and there were huge bookcases packed with them. I was rummaging through the bargains with wide eyes - and one title I saw on the shelf in this dream was Aliens, just as Shoot posted.

England
    I remember that game too, my mate had it on his Amiga 1200, I thought it was super flash at the time!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I'm interested in the game fo' sho', but that trailer gives nothing away except that it seems to be picking up where the second film left off plot wise, and discounting the third which isnt a bad thing. Lets hope its good!
    The second film is the best in the series imo. (Blapshemy to some, I know) But it really does have the most source material to play around with.

Well, it is a teaser trailer after all.

Personally, I'm much more interested in playing this than I am/was in playing that recent Aliens vs Predator game.

The only campaign i could really get into was the marines. Though not great it was coherent. So the bar was set pretty low with that one. Making a better game would be like jumping over a newspaper.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Same here. Fantastic game! At the time. Real tense.
    Wasn't there an action game on the sega genesis a few years later?

Man, I'm getting old.
    Yes, there is a game called Alien 3 for the SNES and Genesis. The same title, but two diffrent games for each console. The SNES version had some great graphics at the time.

Ireland
    Now this is a co-incidence. I had a dream the other night I was in a store and they were having a huge sale on VHS and Mega Drive games, and there were huge bookcases packed with them. I was rummaging through the bargains with wide eyes - and one title I saw on the shelf in this dream was Aliens, just as Shoot posted.
    Spooky

-- -------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^ Christ! I think I remember that!
    It was for the Spectrum. I used to play it in the dark when I was a kid.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Over here you can see scans of an A:CM article in an upcoming video game magazine.

You get to visit the Sulaco AND the Nostromo? How would that even be possible?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Over here you can see scans of an A:CM article in an upcoming video game magazine.

You get to visit the Sulaco AND the Nostromo? How would that even be possible?
    Looks very interesting!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Administrator

England
    ^^ I hope this is more than 4 player, which seems to be some industry standard for some reason! eg: SIX of you can play levels!

ps: Where are these shots from?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ps: Where are these shots from?
    Sega released them because they're about to show off a good portion of the game behind-closed-doors at Gamescom.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2011/08/17/...screenshots-3/
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Aug-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: .

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I might get this game for Wii U if it stays a FPS and uses the controllers gyroscope, it would be just like Zelda 3D's FPS mode and ramp up the interactivity.