Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game) - Oh dear!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Administrator

England
    Looking like it has potential! Just hope the multiplayer is good, and ideally copes with more than the strange industry standard of four people!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Looks good, although the pulse rifle is probably the most awesome gun in movie history & it sounds an absolute beast on the films, but in games they always manage to make it seem piss weak & this game seems no exception so far!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That looks effing epic! I'd totally have sex with that trailer, ha!

I will have to play this game, and I can imagine I'll have numerous sweaty-palmed moments of panic and terror. This looks pretty darn awesome to me, I look forward to seeing more gameplay soon - by the way, when does it come out?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it's still TBA 2012. There's a big presentation tomorrow, so we should probably have a date before long.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Interviews and Gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/134

Interviews at the start, gameplay around six minutes.

Some interesting tidbits:

- Direct sequel to Aliens, taking place after the events in Alien 3. For some reason the Sulaco returned to LV-426.
    - The team in the game is the rescue crew that Bishop said would not arrive for 17 days.
    - Bishop is not the only character returning. Hints at Hudson, Apone, Deidrich, etc. As the guy says, in the movie Hudson says their signals are weak, but they aren't dead. So they could still be there...
    - Sid Mead's unused production art from the film is being used to create the Hadley's Hope rooms previously unseen.
    - They are creating new races of aliens. One is called "The Crusher". It's like the normal aliens, but has a sort of triceratops shield on his head. You can't kill him from the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EOlzCrVFvs
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Sep-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Interviews and Gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/134

Interviews at the start, gameplay around six minutes.

Some interesting tidbits:

- Direct sequel to Aliens, taking place after the events in Alien 3. For some reason the Sulaco returned to LV-426.
    - The team in the game is the rescue crew that Bishop said would not arrive for 17 days.
    - Bishop is not the only character returning. Hints at Hudson, Apone, Deidrich, etc. As the guy says, in the movie Hudson says their signals are weak, but they aren't dead. So they could still be there...
    - Sid Mead's unused production art from the film is being used to create the Hadley's Hope rooms previously unseen.
    - They are creating new races of aliens. One is called "The Crusher". It's like the normal aliens, but has a sort of triceratops shield on his head. You can't kill him from the front.
    Looking pretty good.

England
    Hmmm but if Hudson & co are still alive, did the atmosphere processor not explode? But no matter, its aliens, pulse rifles & colonial marines, bring it on!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Hmmm but if Hudson & co are still alive, did the atmosphere processor not explode?
    They didn't clarify on that issue. I'm thinking they're probably just ignoring the explosion. The remaining team went back to the Sulaco, killed the queen, cryo-sleep, emergency evac to Fury 161, Sulaco returns to LV-426. I guess I can live with that. Or who knows...they may explain it in the game and just don't want it out yet...
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Sep-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    They didn't clarify on that issue. I'm thinking they're probably just ignoring the explosion. The remaining team went back to the Sulaco, killed the queen, cryo-sleep, emergency evac to Fury 161, Sulaco returns to LV-426. I guess I can live with that. Or who knows...they may explain it in the game and just don't want it out yet...

alot of people ignore alien 3 as it wasnt made nearly how it shoulda been. with that said, this game and wwe '12 are the sole reasons im getting a next gen system

Administrator

England
    Delayed (again), now to Autumn this year...

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sega...lonial-marines

It's 3-4yrs late as it is
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Since we have a few months, have enough time to reread the Colonial Marines Technical Manual again.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    alot of people ignore alien 3 as it wasnt made nearly how it shoulda been.
    Not I. Alien 3 is a VERY worthy part of the franchise. I've come to love it over the years. Especially the Assembly Cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Delayed (again), now to Autumn this year...

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sega...lonial-marines

It's 3-4yrs late as it is

It's taking FOREVER!
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Jan-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    They've put out a new cinematic trailer - with "Fall 2012" on it.

Perhaps the delay had something to do with the Wii U to an extent? I've heard today that this game will be one of the titles for the new Nintendo console - which launches in the later second half of this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfOOOAN9e9w&feature=g-u-u&context=G2f31992FUAAAAAAAAAA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cover art

Last edited by bassman; 10-Feb-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: .