Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game) - Oh dear!

Super Moderator

UK

Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game) - Oh dear!

England
    I'm interested in the game fo' sho', but that trailer gives nothing away except that it seems to be picking up where the second film left off plot wise, and discounting the third which isnt a bad thing. Lets hope its good!

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, it is a teaser trailer after all.

Personally, I'm much more interested in playing this than I am/was in playing that recent Aliens vs Predator game.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well, it is a teaser trailer after all.

Personally, I'm much more interested in playing this than I am/was in playing that recent Aliens vs Predator game.
    I actually quite liked that, it was a fun playthrough on first go, but it was very restrictive for each character & not as much fun on repeat playthroughs.
    Looking forward to Colonial marines though, I hope they dont include super aliens etc and just keep true to the second film regarding weapons, locations, plot (within reason) etc

Administrator

England
    This game was first announced in 2006, with a planned release date of 2008. That was pushed back to 2010. Now it has been pushed back to 2012.

Gearbox is saying that Borderlands and Duke Nukem Forever got in the way, but hey, if you can finish Duke Nukem Forever, you can finish anything.

You get to be a Colonial Marine, one of those army dudes that almost all died in Aliens. You play another army dude checking out what happened to the previous group of army dudes that all died in Aliens. The story for the game doesn't violate canon (or so is claimed), which is interesting. I like shooting aliens, but I didn't bother with that last Aliens Vs. Predator since it looked like shit. Monolith's AvP2 was pretty wicked, especially the multiplayer.
    http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/commen...ml?id=060111_7
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    lol at that quoted review

"you are an army dude, like those army dudes that nearly died in the alien film, but a new army dude."

Wow newspapers and game magazines must be stepping over each other to hire him

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know it's just a teaser, but that was pretty lame. "Did I mention it was his lower half?"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Archamedes View Post
    lol at that quoted review

"you are an army dude, like those army dudes that nearly died in the alien film, but a new army dude."

Wow newspapers and game magazines must be stepping over each other to hire him
    No shit. Who writes this kind of crap? Maybe I should get a job writing video game reviews.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    No shit. Who writes this kind of crap? Maybe I should get a job writing video game reviews.
    To be fair, it wasn't a review of the game - a game that's not even been released yet. It was merely a news item bunged up onto the site, and no doubt with a bit of humour involved in the writing of the basic bit of info regarding the upcoming game.

Ireland
    Erm....didn't they "nuke the site from orbit" ?

You know, "Just to be sure" ?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

Good point!

United States
    "Bishop: In nineteen minutes, this area's gonna be a cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska." The fusion reactor detonation at the atmosphere processing plant would destroy entire the LV-426 colony site. However the original Alien ship from the first movie could be still intact, as it was in a remote area some distance away from the main colony compound.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

The jist I got from that trailer is that they've altered the plot so that the atmosphere processor didnt explode and that these marines are going back in to help the others, so I guess this game picks up somewhere around two thirds of the way into the film but goes in a different direction to what the film did, works for me anyway!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    The jist I got from that trailer is that they've altered the plot so that the atmosphere processor didnt explode and that these marines are going back in to help the others, so I guess this game picks up somewhere around two thirds of the way into the film but goes in a different direction to what the film did, works for me anyway!
    Aye, makes sense - and it works for me too - a chance to play Aliens: The Game (essentially anyway)? YES PLEASE!