Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look as Season Two production begins

United States
    Can't wait. I guess its time to get the blu-ray of season one and watch right before season 2 begins.
    Zombie-Keeper.com - Horror movie reviews by people who watch horror movies.
    Zombie-Keeper.com Forums - Sign up on our forums to chat about horror films and more.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKeeper View Post
    Can't wait. I guess its time to get the blu-ray of season one and watch right before season 2 begins.
    If rumors are to be believed, you should probably hold out a bit longer. It's been said that a special edition of the first season will be released before the new season starts. The Blu Ray out there now is basically bare bones.

-- -------- Post added 14-Jun-2011 at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-Jun-2011 at 10:29 PM ----------

As was rumored, yesterday they shut down Cobb Parkway for filming and quite a few photos were taken.

Cobb Parkway, btw, is very close to the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center, which doubled as the CDC in season one. They've also set up Base Camp in the Performing Arts Center parking lot. Could they be filming flashbacks of the CDC or just using the lot to park their vehicles?

Last edited by bassman; 14-Jun-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: .

England
    More pics.

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/0...-scenes-images

The RV making a quick escape

Last edited by kidgloves; 14-Jun-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: .
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    More pics.

Those CGI zombies are going to look amazing!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    More pics.

no idea who the girl was at the end,but she sounded incredibly HOT

Undisclosed
    What makes the comic book work so well, and (most of ;-)) Romero's 'dead' films is that they're never really about the zombies as such. Sure they provide nice suspense and action beats but if it was just that, you get the dawn remake; all action and no soul.
    I bet you could stage 'Day of the dead' as a play without zombies in it apart from Bub and still have great drama...

This is the greatest threat to season two; if we don't care about the survivors and what they are going through all we are left with is a videogame. The comics pack quite an emotional punch and season one translated some of those quite nicely but the 'soapy' feel of some of the episodes has me worried. That and the often laugh out loud dialogue (I still can't get over that initial dialogue between Rick and Shane at the start of the first episode).

And what the hell is up with those red eyes?
    Last edited by krisvds; 15-Jun-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: that's what she said

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I bet you could stage 'Day of the dead' as a play without zombies in it apart from Bub and still have great drama...
    Er...no, you couldn't.

There is a reason why some people are attracted to "zombie films". It's the zombies.

The greatest threat to season 2 will be repeating the mistakes of Season 1. Bad writing, straying too far away from the source, introducing new and completely un-necessary characters and long stretches without zombies.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Er...no, you couldn't.

There is a reason why some people are attracted to "zombie films". It's the zombies.

The greatest threat to season 2 will be repeating the mistakes of Season 1. Bad writing, straying too far away from the source, introducing new and completely un-necessary characters and long stretches without zombies.
    I'd disagree there! It's the apocalypse/threat I believe most people are interested in. Yes, zombies of course have their place, but I believe it's secondary to the scenarios/stories that are caused due to them...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    What makes the comic book work so well, and (most of ;-)) Romero's 'dead' films is that they're never really about the zombies as such. Sure they provide nice suspense and action beats but if it was just that, you get the dawn remake; all action and no soul.

This is the greatest threat to season two; if we don't care about the survivors and what they are going through all we are left with is a videogame. The comics pack quite an emotional punch and season one translated some of those quite nicely but the 'soapy' feel of some of the episodes has me worried. That and the often laugh out loud dialogue (I still can't get over that initial dialogue between Rick and Shane at the start of the first episode).

And what the hell is up with those red eyes?
    all of which was why i disliked season 1 compared to the comics. still checking season 2 out but the zombies are the cheesy kind. one thing twd comic has right is you can be in a city adn they are everywhere, shambling around out 5th floor windows, trapped in a phone booth, sitting down against a wall till rick and the gang show up etc. in the tv show it was generic street filling waves that all act and move the same. they tried too hard to make them a threat and no longer a dangerous obstacle.

Really the zombies should be less like vampries or werewolves en masse but more like the anomalies in stalker. incredibly dangerous but if you know what to do and be careful you can navigate them. not a wailing wall that just serves to corrall you for artificially forced drama.

-and a stage show with bub would work. though i imagine it would be more about the horror like 'if they can remember doing things and relearn them have we just been killing sick people this whole time?" or something. i'd watch it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That and the often laugh out loud dialogue (I still can't get over that initial dialogue between Rick and Shane at the start of the first episode).
    The scene in the car about Shane's women? Hrmm...that hit home with me. That seemed like a natural conversation that a pair of buddies would have...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I thought they were going towards Ft. Benning (which would be 411)?

I always considered Hwy 400 to be the "Atlanta Autobahn" when I lived in Duluth. I tried to avoid I-285 and GA 400 like the bloody plague. I'd be driving 70 on the the 400 and have people passing by me like I was stalled. I always preferred I-85 and I-75 as opposed to 285 which I'd avoid at all costs. I-85 was fun because there were two speeds on it -- either 9MPH or 90MPH, nothing in-between. I don't think I ever took 411 as everything was north/north-east for me from Atlanta living in Gwinnett Co.

I've always wondered where they get all the vehicles for these wreck scenes. Local junkyards? How exactly do they move them from location once they are set up? And how exactly do they get the cars compacted/crashed against one another just to be able to re-locate them again? Imagine how grueling this type of work would be for the poor probably P.A. who has to help set all this up and then do all the cleaning up!

j.p.
    They do get them from local junkyards, the vehicles are then towed or trailered in to the set and arranged by the cinematographer and set designer. I was on the political film Game Change and one of the SD's was telling me when they set up wrecks they look for cars that look like they would have smashed into each other for real and try to stage the scene to look as gruesome and horrorfying as possible.

Great thing about working as an extra is you can learn tons of shit about movie making, but if you really put your mind to it, and have th emoney you can pretty much do it yourself, it is all about vision.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'd disagree there! It's the apocalypse/threat I believe most people are interested in. Yes, zombies of course have their place, but I believe it's secondary to the scenarios/stories that are caused due to them...
    Then why isn't this place called the hompage of the Day after / threads forum? Or Homepage of Mad Max, or something?

There's plenty of apocalypse style movies, but it's the ones involving the living dead that we are more interested in.

That's because of the zombies.

-- -------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The scene in the car about Shane's women? Hrmm...that hit home with me. That seemed like a natural conversation that a pair of buddies would have...
    Yeh, me too sort. I hear that sort of yap down the pub every night of the week.

Hey, wait a second...did I say every night of the week?

Oh dear....
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    Then why isn't this place called the hompage of the Day after / threads forum? Or Homepage of Mad Max, or something?
    It's appreciation for Romero's original trilogy that brought most of us here. You don't even have to look closely at any of those three films to see that the drama comes from the way humans act and interact in a zombie outbreak. I find films that take that approach to be vastly superior to any Michael Bay -type action fests. I enjoy those too, in smaller doses.

There's plenty of apocalypse style movies, but it's the ones involving the living dead that we are more interested in.
    Speak for yourself mate. I found 'The Road' a fantastic film. Way better than what most recent zombie-films had to offer. Including the walking dead series. It has more soul. It had suspense, a real sense of dread. You actually cared for those two characters. It's more than just (zombie)thrills. In that way that film was closer to Romero's original trilogy than the man's recent offerings. And hey, Mad max is brilliant! Land of the dead had more in common with those type of apocalyptic action films than anything else.

Yeh, me too sort. I hear that sort of yap down the pub every night of the week.

Hey, wait a second...did I say every night of the week?

Oh dear....
    It's not just the lines, it's the delivery. And that look on the actor's faces. Could be me though, I should get out more often. Hang around in bars.
    Last edited by krisvds; 16-Jun-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: quotes

Administrator

England

That's because of the zombies.
    Because it's the theme/nature of the apocalypse people get a kick out of! The point is, it's not armies of the dead that make an interesting/good film, it's the human interaction with the world as it has now become...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ....it's not armies of the dead that make an interesting/good film, it's the human interaction with the world as it has now become...
    I don't see how anyone can be a fan of Romero and not agree with that. There are plenty other zombie films out there with just gore and zombie carnage, but Romero's films are most definitely about the people.