Thread: its not just me, this is a dick move, isn't it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

its not just me, this is a dick move, isn't it?

So this woman took a tv-b-gone, a device to turn off any tv in any place you are in, and inserted it into her jacket so she can go into bars or resturants or friends houses and if she doesnt like whats on turns the tv off and repeats it until they stop turning it back on.

Neat thing to make, but this is a total self entitlement douchebag move huh?

I dont go into a bar or restaurant like i am king shit and expect everyone to conform to my will against theirs or hope they leave. I go to places i like and avoid ones i dont. i do not expect my singular tastes to overide a whole rooms.

anyone else think this is a neat idea but petty poor taste?

Administrator

England
    I Used to have a watch that did something similar was a kid, used to fuck around with the TV in school when our teachers put boring videos on.

Happy days..

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    It's passive aggressive as all hell.

If I owned a bar that she did that in, she would be out on her ear.

I'm an old school tech. Catching her would be as simple as doing a little work with some filters on a security camera and reviewing footage. Stopping her would be as simple as either putting a piece of electrical tape over the little receiver window and waiting till she outs herself or resoldering a matched set of xmit/rcv LED's that work at a different frequency into the receiver and the remote.

I could probably make one of those if I was bored enough. Either get an O-scope and record the output of a programmable remote for the power button for all major types of receivers or find it documented somewhere.

Program those output waveforms into a PIC and proto it into a small covert device. I could probably make it small enough to fit on a keychain.
    Last edited by brer; 04-Jun-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: adding content

United States
    Few years back a blogger from Gizmodo brought one of those to the CES. He was turning off TV's during peoples presentations. Earned a ban for life from the show. http://ca.gawker.com/344064/

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I Used to have a watch that did something similar was a kid, used to fuck around with the TV in school when our teachers put boring videos on.

Happy days..
    I remember those, a few people at school did that! I remember thinking how genius the technology was at the time, its pretty basic by todays standards

Super Moderator

UK
    Definite dick move, and as has been said, pathetically passive aggressive ... and just generally douchey.

If your chums come to your house, then you decide what's on, so if she doesn't like what's on telly in her friend's houses (amazing she has friends doing silly annoying nonsense like this) then she doesn't need to go there in the first place. Or should could just not be a tosser.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    i have one of those TV b Gone's and even i thought that video was a bad idea

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    You don't need fancy gadgets for this sort of thing. Just a brick. I'm amazed the thought people put into pointless projects. And someone should explain to her that you don't go to those places to watch what you want to watch on TV. That's what your faulking domicile is for. Idiot.