Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wii U (game console)

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I think Nintendo's E3 should be taken as a embarrassment for them.
    We saw Microsoft and Sony out U the Wii U while Nintendo have openly admitted they have no ideas for the gamepad!
    Okay so they didn't do endless generic space marines vs aliens and mechs crap but the competition has variety with Knack and Project Spark.
    The way I see it is they have a list of problems
    - A kiddy image
    - nothing new
    - third parties pulling out
    - costs (though PS4 and Xbox One will have hidden costs too)

Undisclosed
    - A kiddy image: Sure. But there is still Bayonetta 2 and that new Monolith RPG, ... And while Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8 sure look family friendly you just know the playability will be up great.
    - nothing new: Wonderful 101? X? ...
    - third parties pulling out: This is their biggest problem, no doubt.
    - costs: agreed. They need a pricedrop given the PS4's price reveal.
    Last edited by krisvds; 19-Jun-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: .

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I think Wii U was a big mistake.
    In 2012 Iwata had the gorm to say Wii U graphics can compete with next gen consoles.
    He was wrong, and when he says 'graphics' I think he means more then just visually, I'm thinking hardware and software this last gen that allowed seemingly hundreds of zombies in Dead Rising, the physics of The Force Unleashed, the AI Director in Left 4 Dead among a few gameplay enhancing things. It seems that PS4 and Xbox One are poised to do things Wii U cannot if Dead Rising 3 and Ryse were any indication.
    Nintendo might be content to sit on 3DS/Wii level software (Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World) but third parties are not, they have long since moved on and even now outright ignore the Wii U and they might have been needed to help keep it afloat.
    One poster at Allspark nailed it when he said Wii U is like watching a car crash in slow motion, it's end is inevitable.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 08-Nov-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: fd