View Poll Results: Are you going to Weekend of Horrors in Chicago, March 2006?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! I'll be there!

1 12.50%
  • I'm going to TRY and make it.

2 25.00%
  • No. I wish I was though.

5 62.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fangoria Weekend of Horrors (2006 @ Chicago)

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...see, this is why I don't really wanna meet my heroes - as they say, they'll usually only disappoint - they're people too I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Cereval
    Just as a quick update ...
    • Saw Tom Savini sitting by his lonesome at his table, seemingly ignored by guests. He appeared to be pushing buttons on his cell phone under the table. We approached and stood before him, awaiting some kind of acknowledgement. He looked up briefly and continued counting his cash. After awhile I asked him when Chill Factor II would be out and that I liked the first one. His reply was "when someone decides to pay enough money for it to be made." My friends and I looked at each other and we walked away. I glanced back at one of my childhood heroes and remembered ... my childhood is long gone.
    This makes baby Jesus cry.

Cereval, did you happen to talk to George? I only ask since I've heard a rumor that he & Christine are splitting up. Inquiring minds want to know, is this true?
    Last edited by jscott; 11-Mar-2006 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn that sucks, what is it with people always breaking up, geez.

First it was Brad & Jen, now it's George & Christine ... lol.

Like I said MZ...

it's only a rumor...

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott
    Cereval, did you happen to talk to George? I only ask since I've heard a rumor that he & Christine are splitting up. Inquiring minds want to know, is this true?
    Actually, I didn't even really see George. He had a whole room to himself where he was being mobbed for autographs. I figure I had my brushes with The Man and I'd leave him be ... as for the rumor, who knows ... I've had the feeling that they haven't been on the best terms in recent years. But to break up now would really be futile IMO.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval
    Just as a quick update ...
    • Saw Tom Savini sitting by his lonesome at his table, seemingly ignored by guests. He appeared to be pushing buttons on his cell phone under the table. We approached and stood before him, awaiting some kind of acknowledgement. He looked up briefly and continued counting his cash. After awhile I asked him when Chill Factor II would be out and that I liked the first one. His reply was "when someone decides to pay enough money for it to be made." My friends and I looked at each other and we walked away. I glanced back at one of my childhood heroes and remembered ... my childhood is long gone.
    That sucks!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Pretty decent line-up.

But I don't think I will be making it. Too much going on with the film.

and to comment about Savini... When you aren't in the "Circle" you are pretty much ignored. I was even surprised he remembered me from the DAWN World Premiere party in LA. He can be a bit of an asshole.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Isle of Man
    I hear more times that not that Savini is an utter asshat...and he was a bit of an asshat when I met him a few years back. More quiet...but people could easily take that as asshat-ish...as I did, especially when I hear more and more the way he treats his fans.

I hear that Romero is an incredibly friendly guy, however.

Super Moderator

UK
    Savini's probably let the fame go to his head, the whole "being an actor" thing reeks of it - don't give up the day job Tom, seriously, lol.

As for GAR, he seems like a really chilled out kinda guy, on all the docs and all the DVDs and from all the folk who have met him from these forums, he sounds like a really cool, laid back kinda dude. Guess he's really putting that 60s spin on life. It's good to see GAR's also stuck to his guns and not done a John Carpenter in the film industry too.

Rock on GAR.