** COMIC SPOILER ** - - - - - hand/no hand

Edit

Good on ya Uncle Neil

Enable us peons to edit your posts.
    Last edited by Tom Price; 24-Jun-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: BS

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kirkman's said before that losing Rick's hand only caused future problems and if he were given the chance to do it over again, which now he has that chance in the TV show, that the hand would stay.

What "feminine side" of Rick are you meaning?
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Jun-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: .

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    What "feminine side" of Rick are you meaning?
    He's a nice guy, cares about his family and tries to do the right thing by everyone - real men don't do these things - Real men are beer swillin', womanising, rootin' tootin' son-of-a-guns! Yeehaw!

Administrator

England
    FFS! Is this thread just one huge spoiler from the comic book!!!???
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Probably.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Being Attacked

United States
    not sure which way to vote here? Does two hands mean Rick keeps both hands? or that there would now be two charachters that lost hands?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by dracenstein View Post
    Probably.
    I HATE spoilers WITHOUT spoiler warnings Very selfish!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    this is something that happened in the comics years ago and had absolutely no relevance to the plot whatsoever. so 1: its not going to happen in the series because its too much trouble to work around" 2: it really affects nothing at all anyway so its not really a spoiler that characters will get hurt because this 1 singular piece of years old information from the comic -which probably wont occur in the show at all- tells you absolutely nothing about the plot of the walking dead.

what has really been 'selfishly' spoiled with this? give me the plotlines that where ruined.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    what has really been 'selfishly' spoiled with this? give me the plotlines that where ruined.
    I agree....nothings been spoiled here. I had heard about the hand before I started reading the comics and it spoiled absolutely nothing related to the story. How he loses his hand might be considered a spoiler, but the fact that he loses it is kinda "out in the wild" at this point. You can google TWD and you're likely to get multiple images showing Rick's arm. I've seen articles discussing the show use pictures of Ricks arm, actually. It's just one of those things...

England
    Just want to point out that I don't read the comics, but did hear of comic-Rick losing his hand somewhere...
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Losing the hand reminded me of Ash from Evil Dead and didn't seem like it meant anything. Rick should either keep the hand OR go 180 and lose it like Chubbs from Happy Gilmore.

United States
    Losing the hand made him more human (not that it was required, he was the most real person in the comic) it also made him vulnerable physically as well as frail mentally (i:e the phone thing) he is a man who is flawed, and challenged, and still leading and carrying on despite all of that.

I HATED him losing his hand in the comic but it was a good plot point, and a way to drive his character.

That said I would rather he keep it in the show, you can show those things other ways and take something away from the guy that doesn't require a fake stump and the goofy crap you need to do to work around that.
    Last edited by Thorn; 09-Nov-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: fixed