Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Dunn from Jackass killed in car crash...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    According to the L.A. Times, the official coroner's report confirms that blunt force trauma and thermal trauma were the official causes of death in the accident.

After an accident reconstruction, Police Chief Michael Carroll told RadarOnline.com that the Porsche 911 was going "about 130 mph" when the accident happened in a reported 55-mph zone.
    130 MPH?!? Was he TRYING to die? I'll be shocked if alcohol didn't have a hand in this. Even if alcohol didn't play a part.....it looks like it's definitely a case of stupidity. I guess it makes sense. He died like he lived....a bufoon.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Jun-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Considering my general disdain of irresponsible drivers and excessive speeders & lane weavers in particular, I'm just glad they didn't crash into anyone else.

I saw an article entitled: Ryan Dunn dead: Best friend Bam Margera 'had premonition of accident'

Yeah, no shit? Most of us had the same premonition about most of these guys say about...10 years ago.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Roger Ebert sorry for 'Jackass' tweet

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    BAC level was .196, twice PA's legal limit of .08

http://dailylocal.com/articles/2011/...3824702920.txt

What a dumbass.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, that pretty much settles it. He was an idiot and did it to himself. I think Ebert deserves an apology.

It's good that nobody else was hurt or killed because of this asshat's poor decisions...

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, as soon as I saw it, I wished Ebert hadn't backed down. Doubly so now.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    yeah, he wasn't really thinking with that one. Sure he can say "i was being "real" and not cruel" but what did he say? "friends dont let jackasses drink and drive". does this guy really think his friends who werent with him that night are not beating themselves up over this very thing regardless of having nothing to do with the accident? if my best friend died from a drink-driving crash i would be thinking "if i was there i could have stopped him, hed still be alive" and then some guy makes a joke of that very thing? Yeah i'd say a guy whos been best friends with him since high school has every right to be offended by the statement. it was cruel and untimely.
    but thats the bad thing about sites like facebook and twitter, people are so quick to be rude about a dead celebrity they dont think about the dead persons friends and family who are dealing with a loss and thanks to the internet every jackass, to use the term ironically, can voice there rude opinions to the family and friends minutes after the death.
    Last edited by Danny; 22-Jun-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: sfdsfsf

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's good that nobody else was hurt or killed because of this asshat's poor decisions...
    Except for his passenger. Who was, of course, drinking right alongside him and pretty much assumed the risk of getting into a car with him. Real tragedy would have been if they crashed into somebody else.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

UK
    Danny speaketh the truth - particular Twitter, with the relatively direct access to celebrities and 'names' - and the style of 'networking' that Twitter promotes, it encourages people to be smart-arses. To try and come up with some 'witty' one liner. Clearly Ebert's comment was a rubbish half-joke, and an untimely one at that, most definitely.

Drink driving - and speeding no less (excessively so) - is a mug's game generally speaking, so it's all the more tragic because it could have totally been avoided by him not getting into his car that night. The responsibility naturally lies with Dunn and his passenger, and it's bad enough that their drunken mistake cost them both their lives, but it's not like drink driving accidents are new either. Since driving existed, there have been drink driving accidents - so I hope that this tragic case wakes up the young Jackass fans to the inherent danger and risk involved in drink driving and reckless driving in general. I hope that at least something positive can ultimately come out of this loss, which will be keenly felt by the family and friends of Dunn and his passenger, something positive like at least some individuals using this accident as a valuable lesson in their own lives if they're ever confronted by a similar potential situation either themselves, or via one of their friends.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Danny speaketh the truth
    Nah. Judging by his driving record, this guy routinely put people's lives at risk. I'm sure people will roll out the violins because he was famous and died relatively young, but let's not forget it was due to his own foolishness and blatant disregard for the safety of others. This guy wasn't Einstein, someone who served to make the world an ultimately better place, nor, it would seem, even a decent person. You can't even say he was a kid, he was a grown man, so while his loss to those who knew and valued him may be tragic, it can only serve to make the world a better place if people learn from his mistake and not learn that it's tragically cool to live a less than zero lifestyle with no regard for the wellbeing of yourself and others.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Nah. Judging by his driving record, this guy routinely put people's lives at risk. I'm sure people will roll out the violins because he was famous and died relatively young, but let's not forget it was due to his own foolishness and blatant disregard for the safety of others. This guy wasn't Einstein, someone who served to make the world an ultimately better place, nor, it would seem, even a decent person. You can't even say he was a kid, he was a grown man, so while his loss to those who knew and valued him may be tragic, it can only serve to make the world a better place if people learn from his mistake and not learn that it's tragically cool to live a less than zero lifestyle with no regard for the wellbeing of yourself and others.
    so? do you really think ebert was crusading for alerting people to the dangers of drink driving? or rather making a catty attempt at a witty one liner?
    ryan dunn lost his life in a fucking stupid way that is entirely his own fault, the mans dead. So he aint the one reading what ebert said HOURS after his death is he? its the people who cared about him that are. I'm not defending dunn in any way at all. His death was his own fault and drink driving at such speeds shows he deserved what he got. What ebert said though was untimely and cruel and i have no illusions that it was said with any motive other than "lets make a joke at one of the stupid young people who finally got whats coming to them, oh how people will think i am witty" and it was far too soon for somebody who is supposed to be a famous and respected celebrity to say "friends dont let jackasses drink and drive" because as i said, they are going to be beating themselves up about that very fact even if they could have done nothing that night to stop him.
    It was rude and ebert came off like a dick making a joke targeted at people who had just been told a few hours ago one of their best friends was dead. That's a dick move regardless of how fucking stupid dunn was.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think his comment was the opinion of someone who thinks he's the Alpha and Omega when it comes to what films are good and which are not. And le's face it, the Jackass series was far from the crown jewel of cinema.

I'm sure it annoyed him to no end that these, in what were probably in his eyes, hacks, were celebs. So he saw it as a sort of, " and good riddance" type quote. We all know that old people have no filter. It Deteriates as they age along with their mental capacity and penis function.

That is all.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So wait. Ebert gets in all this trouble for saying "friends dont let jackasses drink and drive", right? We know Dunn definitely WAS drinking and driving. So is the offensive part where he called them Jackasses?

If so.....someone should point out that Bam's mom called them all jackasses in her statement. "Our whole entire Jackass family is like beside themselves. I can't believe it."

The people bitching are just fans of this talentless hack and don't want to accept that the dumbass killed himself. Come at me.
    Last edited by bassman; 23-Jun-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    So wait. Ebert gets in all this trouble for saying "friends dont let jackasses drink and drive", right? We know Dunn definitely WAS drinking and driving. So is the offensive part where he called them Jackasses?

If so.....someone should point out that Bam's mom called them all jackasses in her statement. "Our whole entire Jackass family is like beside themselves. I can't believe it."

The people bitching are just fans of this talentless hack and don't want to accept that the dumbass killed himself. Come at me.
    I don't disagree with Ebert but it's less than sensitive. Even though the driver/passenger made the choice to drink and drive, their family doesn't need to read/hear comments so soon after an unexpected death. Just my 2 cents.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    so?
    So...it's the truth? If Dunn's family & friends get their noses out of joint because of Ebert's statements it's natural and the unfortunate byproduct of their loss and, to some degree, probably their own complicity in the habit-forming events that built up to his death. That doesn't make what Ebert said any less a truth, regardless of his motives. I'd much rather some harshness in this respect than candy-coating and publicly eulogizing someone who killed himself, another person and, by what we can surmise from his driving record, regularly put others at risk.

Let his family & friends eulogize him however they need to in order to survive their loss, but the harshness of what Ebert said, what we're debating, was directly related (in my opinion proportional) to the stupidity of Dunn's actions.