Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V (video game)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Or allowed a key depression to skip?
    True. Maybe there is the option in there, but I didn't want to try it and miss out on my psych report (you just don't know) ... I think in one game there actually was an achievement for sitting through all the credits (forget which game though).

- - - Updated - - -

GTA V now holds SEVEN Guiness World Records - as relayed by Steven Ogg (Trevor) on IGN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGtnAbRvidY

Also, 41 little details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIgFtLa00Y
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Oct-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Administrator

England
    PC version early 2014... So 4-6 months off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-pc-early-2014
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    PC version early 2014... So 4-6 months off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-pc-early-2014
    *ahem* 2014.

Also, time-scale wise, that's in-keeping with GTA IV and GTA San Andreas' PC ports.

Today I finished collecting the nuclear waste barrels under-the-sea in my slow-as-shit submarine ... I wish you could turbo charge that bastard! Still, on my travels I did see a crashed alien space ship in the briny deep.

Administrator

England
    *fixed*

Just seems to long

Hopefully they use the time to add some more frills to maybe entice people with an XBox to buy again
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    An interview with Steven Ogg (Trevor), Shawn 'Solo' Fonteno (Franklin), and Ned Luke (Michael):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JU0BoX0nQ

Pretty cool that they're actually friends in real life now because of this game.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Oct-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I must go and track down the zombie cosplay guy. I've seen other such individuals - there's Impotent Rage man somewhere about who I stumbled into the other day.

For anyone doing the Epsilon programme in the game, don't save and reload/exit after doing the mission where you deliver the cars, because there's a glitch and you won't be able to progress ... unless you download the patch for the game.

I was wondering why the next stage in my enlightenment hadn't turned up on the map ... so, for the first time EVER, I hooked my Xbox up to the net ... using a massive long Ethernet cable that ran all the way downstairs to the other side of the house, hehe. More than an hour later - after the slowest download in history - the console itself was up-to-date and I was able to proceed onto updated GTA V (although there's no obvious "update the game" button), but I managed to do it somehow, and I have resumed my path to the glory of Kifflom, lol.

The patch also fixes the garage bug where modified cars would go missing randomly - so I've been modding the shit out of some vehicles.

One thing though - I had no idea how to 'sign in' to Xbox Live ... I had a hotmail account I could use for it, but then it said something like that the account was linked up to another thing, so I don't know what that's about. I think I did try - years ago - to sign up to Xbox Live via the Internet and a normal computer using that email account, and there was something about my username on the console already being taken, so I had to tweak it, so maybe that's what's up with that ... I was going to try and redeem the Blimp code for GTA V, but couldn't even figure out how to get signed into XBL, so I gave up having achieved what I actually went on to do.

I'm currently wearing my Epsilon robes for 10 cumulative days.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Heard ya'll have a hacking problem with GTA Online....guess someone has hacked the money system and is giving out loads of cash to everyone at random. People are scared that they will get banned cause they have $19,000,000 in cash all because some random dude just walked up to them and gave them loads of cash.

COD:Ghosts has a horrible hacking problem too. If people decide to cheat, you would think they wouldn't make it so obvious. My team got merc'd on Search and Destroy in literally 6 seconds. The other team wall glitched to our spawn. Pissed me off. It's not very widespread yet that I know of. Only run into them every now and then.

United States
    yeah, the other day i was playing and somebody randomly gave me 53 million dollars, then i was playing the other day and somebody else put a bounty of 2 billion dollars on me and i survived....so in the last 3 or so days, i have had this happen to me twice....if i get banned for something like this, i'd be beyond pissed, since there was literally nothing i did to cause this to happen other than play in a public lobby.

United States
    kinda funny, but i've not even had the slightest interest in the new consoles till they announced gta5 is coming to ps4, xbox one, and pc. not going to pay full price for this, as i've already completed it on the 360, but with gta online and the eventual dropping of live services with older consoles, i'm going to be picking this up when i decide to upgrade to the new systems (prob going with sony on this generation).

behold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBrG2YjqQA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and somebody else put a bounty of 2 billion dollars on me.
    Come on! What did you do?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Stoked that I waited for the Xbox One version.
    First Person mode

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11...ew-perspective
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Yeah, I have pretty much decided that I am going to upgrade to a ps4, and the main deciding factor was the next gen version of GTA 5. This news about the first person mode is just icing on the cake. I am so glad that I can transfer all of my online progress over from the 360 to the ps4!

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn that sounds cool.

Still not upgraded to next gen, and I won't for a good while yet. I've extensively played GTA V on the 360 (somewhere around 140 hours) this past year, so much so that I only played two other games in the last year (and those took a couple of weeks for me to polish off - BioShock Infinite, and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag).

Good to see they've been putting a lot of cool new details in. I would like to experience it on next gen, maybe one day eh. I wonder if they've fixed the cops though - too accurate, too aggressive, too deadly - my one big complaint about GTA V was that you could never go on a proper rampage like in previous games, and the chance of survival/escape in four or five stars dropped through the floor. There's many ways that system could have been improved ... I wonder if they were able to make any such improvements in this version?

I suppose from now on FPS mode will be a part of GTA's of the future, now that they've had the time (and computing power) to actually produce it.