Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V (video game)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Has there been any confirmation with the voice actors? A couple voices in the trailer sounded familiar to me, but I couldn't place them. I do think I hear Thomas Noonan(Heat, preacher in Hell on Wheels).

No voice actors have topped Ray Liotta in Vice City, so I was hoping GTAV would do something similar.
    As Coin pointed out ... indeed RDR didn't have any 'name' voices behind it from what I recall, and that worked very well indeed, particularly in regards to John Marston (great voice acting, but not a known voice, so the voice become the voice of John Marston) ... in San Andreas I kept thinking "oh that's James Woods, and that's Sam Jackson, and that's so-and-so..."

Their new approach regarding voices sounds very good to me. Let something more popcorny (like the spiffing Saints Row 3) be the place for more named voices (although it didn't have too many names in it, but SR4 will probably up-the-ante), but when trying to tell an intricate story that you want to emotionally invest in (when you're not busy running over peds and shagging prozzies off the top of Mount Chilead), then minor/unknown names is definitely the way to go. Character actors, you know.

Now - L.A. Noire had loads of familiar faces in it - mostly/entirely character actors, but being familiar with Mad Men, it was like a cast reunion. Made it feel more like an interactive movie in a way, but the tech was equally distracting/involving. Then again, I can't look at Ken Cosgrove and not think in my head "Cole Phelps, LAPD!"

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Looks very pretty!
    Downright sexy, so it is.

United States

^
    that shot is drool-worthy....

United States
    One more shot:

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh, I can't wait to wreak havoc upon this city! MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

United States
    Well, looks like we won't be romping and stomping through gta5 as soon as originally expected. they're saying 9-17-2013 now.

Not really all that surprised by this; rockstar did the same damn thing with gta4. oh well, i've already pre-ordered it and was planning on getting it ASAP anywho, but it's just kinda irritating that we were getting so close and now this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...r-release-date

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, it's annoying, but as long as it means a solid game with no game breaking bugs or freezes, then that's fine by me. I'd rather have a longer wait for something solid, than get it when I'd prefer to have it, but have the darn thing break on me. There's a frustrating lack of attention to game breaking bugs and general glitches in some games these days - they get rushed out and they just say they'll patch it after the fact (never mind that folks like me, who don't have an Xbox hard drive, nor their console online can never benefit from said downloadable fixes that should have already been in the game in the first place).

So yeah, bummer that we have to wait a bit longer, but Rockstar games have always been solid in my experience, and when you're investing hours and hours and hours into the sandbox environment, the last thing you want is a corrupted save file!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A bit of gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiFyFrAmW1w

Gorgeous....

Administrator

England
    Wow! And they've caught your typical US car suspension with all the characteristics of runny blancmange perfectly too!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I admit it.....I had to google blancmange. I think I get what you're saying.

Super Moderator

UK
    Are you sure that's legit footage? It doesn't seem right that Rockstar would just release a random bit of footage like that ... and I think it could be a fake, or from another game, as I remember seeing one of the videos linked to it beforehand and it was revealed to be a fake.

If it is real though, then yeah, it looks sexy - but the character that jumps out of the car and into the chopper doesn't resemble any of the three protagonists from GTA V. If it's a fake it's a really amazing fake, or indeed a video for a different game, who knows.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    or from another game
    Looking at the terrain I'm thinking (hoping!), that it could be from a totally badass open world Tremors game - that sure looks like Perfection Valley to me!

Administrator

England
    ^ All we need now are some flocks of walkers wondering around in the depths of those canyons
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    bah, i'm thinking that footage is fake.

Super Moderator

UK
    Sexy new screens here:
    http://www.actiontrip.com/screenshot...t-auto-5.phtml

Some choice glimpses...

I can't wait to go to the pier and watch a storm unfold on the horizon!

Underwater fun to be had!

MiniGun! Tree on fire!

Natural beauty!

Looking forward to September.

Administrator

England
    O M F G ! Just looks too amazin!
    -Carl Sagan