Thread: Grand Theft Auto V (video game)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    O M F G ! Just looks too amazin!
    Set fangasm to Randy Marsh mode...

Super Moderator

UK
    Three new trailers - one for each of the main characters that you'll get to play in the game - apparently you can freely switch between characters in-game, but when you do you'll find yourself in the midst of whatever they were doing while you were away ... so you could be in the middle of a car chase, or shagging a hooker, or in a gunfight, or falling out of a plane, or one of any number of possibilities.

On with the trailers...

Michael Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A55GUOcjNYs

Trevor Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozI1Hslg6zY

Franklin Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vga-cqyrnAI

Undisclosed
    Trevor's cool. It is a buy for me.

Super Moderator

UK
    A good range of characters there ... you've got one who is kinda like Tommy Vercetti in retirement, another who will go down well with fans of San Andreas in a CJ-like way, and Rockstar's own specialty - whacked out nutjobs you love to hang out with.

It's looking pretty epic, and I dig how each character will sort of populate different areas of the world - the rich Hollywood/Vinewood area where it's all flashy, the down-at-heel tough ganglands, and the sun-fried meth-headed wilds of the countryside.

I've had this pre-ordered for months already. I cannot ruddy wait to play it!

United States
    man, some of those chase/action sequences looked incredible. best GTA thus far, calling it now.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Looks epic!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Some brand new screenshots:

http://www.actiontrip.com/screenshot...t-auto-5.phtml

Some choice ones:

When this finally launches in September, my jeans are gonna be nothing but cream.

Super Moderator

UK
    Even more screenshots:

Some choice cuts...

The L.A. (San Andreas) River?! Sweet - I can see myself having hours of fun yomping around in there - and with some big long straight roads like that out in the sticks, I can see good potential for high speed chases and generally merriment. I read an article on Kotaku - albeit one that was written in an ever-so-long-winded, lead-burying fashion - that put some interesting bits out there, such as:

Heists are a big part of the game, and there'll be several missions each - lead-up missions will do certain things like making sure you have a getaway car stashed in just the right place, or getting blue prints, or getting certain clothing from a certain place etc ... you should also have choice over how you take on the heist - so you can go in all guns blazing, or be a stealthy weasel.

One of the mini games is, apparently, interactive yoga.

There's an underwater world to explore - and there's sharks in the waters - and you do have to be weary of them.

Like in Red Dead Redemption, there are side missions and events that will occur almost at random, although certain ones only happen to certain characters, and they can lead to further missions possibly - e.g. rescuing a starlet who is being hounded by the press (by getting her safely home) might lead to further missions.

The cars can be customised.

And so on ... there was more in that Kotaku article, but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bloody long that I might have skim-read past a few things (or forgotten them).

Damn I can't wait for this game!

Administrator

England
    o m f g !

The level of detail is astounding! How much disk space is this thing going to eat?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, that is a concern of mine - although GTA V won't be coming to PC just yet - just consoles first of all (like with GTA IV). I do hope for PC gamers out there though that GTA V gets a better port than GTA IV did.

Anyway - as for it on consoles, the PS3 will be sorted, but the 360 will certainly have multiple discs I'd say. L.A. Noire had three DVDs (because of all that facial capture data, and a rather large chunk of LA being in there) ... even Max Payne 3 was two discs on the 360, so GTA V absolutely has to be multiple - 2 at least, probably 3, perhaps even 4 ... who knows? It'd have to be a case of being able to have the entire game world on each disc, but at certain points in the story/missions you'd have to swap discs ... now, that could potentially be an issue with side missions/random encounters - you'd want to make sure you'd prioritise those as-and-when they came along so you didn't accidentally forget them once you'd swapped discs (unless, if you encountered one, it told you to swap discs temporarily). Hmmm...

Hopefully there won't be some requirement to install it onto a HDD - I don't have a HDD as I bought the Core 360 back in '07 (I'm still rocking two memory cards ) - but I can't image they would do that as it wasn't necessary for LA Noire or Max Payne 3. Just a random thought/worry, but one I don't give too much credence to ... just hoping that such a requirement is indeed merely a figment of my imagination.

And yes ... the game officially looks the absolute tits.

Super Moderator

UK
    Four more screens:

For example:

I can definitely see myself recreating this scene in the game - that's one of my favourite GTA cars - growly muscle, good for power slides, looks cracking ... yeah, slam one of those about on a desert road or the PCH with a full police chase behind you - yes.

Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-May-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Amazing!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    just pre-ordered the collector's edition. comes with a blueprint map of los santos, a los santos hat, gtav safety-deposit bag, steelbook case, plus loads of digital content in the form of vehicles, weapons, special ability boosts, and the ability to use classic gta characters for your customized online character.

never really splurged for a collector's edition like this, but this game is gonna be beyond epic and has been on my radar for quite a while, and will quite possibly be one of the only games i play for quite a while after it comes out....

like the shitty green day song goes, wake me up when september (16th) ends....

Administrator

England
    Don't think I could order without reading a review first... When's it due out?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Don't think I could order without reading a review first... When's it due out?
    Some games you can trust what you're going to get. Rockstar are one of those companies who you can trust to put out a quality title.

Even in terms of stability and functionality - you can't trust Ubisoft (look at Assassin's Creed III's day one patch of 1gb!!!), whereas Rockstars games are always solid as a rock in my experience (it was delayed to make sure the game was better - and Rockstar have the power to do that and not give a stuff about their launch window), and they always live up to my expectation ... so it's a personal thing as well, but there are some companies that you can trust to deliver quality games worth waiting for. Another such company would by Remedy.

And reviews aren't necessarily reliable - look at some of the great reviews Aliens: Colonial Marines got! Besides, I can forsee a slew of 9's and 10's out of 10 for this when the reviews hit the web. Guaranteed.

I've had mine pre-ordered for months. Just the normal edition for me - I'm not made out of money - besides it'd all be wasted on me as I don't have online access (I still use memory cards too).