Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capcom to Kill Used Game Sales With One-Save Game

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Capcom finally talks about it.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6321800.html
    This user post says it all.

That's a lame excuse from Capcom, unlockable like arcade machines... There is no unlocking characters or levels in arcade machines and keeping them unlocked. Any arcade game that had special missions or characters you could unlock was always dependent upon certain actions you took in game and those actions would have to be repeated everytime you came back to the machine. There is no save file in an arcade machine. This is just them getting caught in a cost saving decision or, as everyone expects, a discouraging move against second market sales.

-- -------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Update peeps:

And the plot Thickens....

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/201...ercenaries-3d/

From the same article.

Update – It seems that GameStop won’t be accepting trade-ins of The Mercenaries 3D because of the irremovable saves situation. According to different sources, it seems that the conduction will be a company wide policy. In addition, Gamefly won’t be pushing the title for rent.

Last edited by darth los; 30-Jun-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: .
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    this is why I sold my xbox

but in iteration of the idea of this - this is just applying to 3DS games right now - it will NEVER apply to the xbox 360 nor the ps3 - I think we can safely say this - as those machines aren't exactly equipped with DVD burners - and not every xbox is internet connected so....this is probably a thing for the next gen.

Which will basically be like an ipod with good graphics - and "like" and "dislike" will be the only two buttons on the controller.

Apple iCunt it'll be called, no doubt.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 04-Jul-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: qeqwde
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.