Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: "The Dead" (film)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    What else could they do...they were both exhausted and needing rest IMO. Not saying it was ideal, but I don't see what else they could have done if they were both totally knackered.
    Seeing how they are in Africa maybe they could have found a tree to climb?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Don't you know gravity is stronger in Africa, being hotter and all, therefore making it impossible to climb trees!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Don't you know gravity is stronger in Africa, being hotter and all, therefore making it impossible to climb trees!
    Ah, but the earth spins faster around the equator, so a small hop and the planet's centrifugal force will send you flying up into the trees!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I have no response to this.

Bloody smart arses!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Being Attacked

United States
    I watched this yesterday and my feeling is it's decent, but kinda more of a "one fight to the next" than real story. A big issue I hate was how there seemed to be so many zombies even out in the bush. Every time they stopped for two seconds it seemed a horde would appear no matter where they were. I had a hard time dealing with that and I'm sure it's why it felt like a bunch of zombie encounters strung together. That said, I thought the acting, direction and effects were all good. Worth watching once, but I don't see much replay value.

WN

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Number View Post
    I watched this yesterday and my feeling is it's decent, but kinda more of a "one fight to the next" than real story. A big issue I hate was how there seemed to be so many zombies even out in the bush. Every time they stopped for two seconds it seemed a horde would appear no matter where they were. I had a hard time dealing with that and I'm sure it's why it felt like a bunch of zombie encounters strung together. That said, I thought the acting, direction and effects were all good. Worth watching once, but I don't see much replay value.

WN
    I think you're right that some of the plot could have been tweaked, perhaps, to make the film more than just one fight to the next, but I actually loved the omnipresent threat of the dead. To be fair, Western Africa in the area of Ghana is actually fairly well populated and spread out in small villages, so the population levels and spread of zeds didn't really bother me much, but it was a little crazy...still, that was a key part of what made the movie for me.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Number View Post

WN
    I can see how you get that opinion and even though I've never been to the dark continent, my perception is there are a ton of people & medical service is poor which made the constant zombies believable. I really wanted to see an elephant, lion, rhino or hippo take a group of zombies out...but that wouldn't exactly fit with the tone.