Thread: New Dallas series

Administrator

England

New Dallas series

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14098543

A full series update of classic 1980s US soap opera Dallas has been given the go ahead, it has been announced.

US network TNT said it had ordered 10 episodes of the programme, after it commissioned a pilot earlier this year.

Original stars Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray reprise their roles in the new show, which will focus on the Ewing family offspring.

The series is due to air in the US next summer. It is not yet known if it will be shown in the UK.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    wasnt that the one with the 'last season was a dream' and alien abduction ending?

honestly if they whent whole hog with that they could be the southern twin peaks!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    wasnt that the one with the 'last season was a dream' and alien abduction ending?

honestly if they whent whole hog with that they could be the southern twin peaks!
    That was Falcon's Crest I believe where the last episode went radio rental!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That was Falcon's Crest I believe where the last episode went radio rental!
    I believe Falcon Crest ended in a fairly benign fashion. I think Danny is referring to the end of one of the later seasons of Dallas. Who shot JR, "It was just a dream" etc.

Fun fact, Falcon Crest was the first official tv show of my expanded Friday night bedtime when I was a little kid.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany