Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: John Carter (film)

Super Moderator

United States
    Okay, John Carter was one of the films I saw for free on a recent plane trip and I have to say...I enjoyed the hell out of it. Sure, I was probably loopy from a lack of sleep, I was desperate for anything to blot out the crying kids the row behind me and I didn't (directly) have to plunk down cash to watch it, but I still thought the thing had some nice pulp appeal to it and even some solid action, nice characterization and an occasional chuckle. Yeah, it's got some pitfalls, but if you're going to bring John Carter's Mars to life you had better go big or go home and I think the film did a decent job.

I advise a viewing, especially if you've ever been a fan of old pulps, but you must be in the right chill and relaxed mood. Also, don't try and ring your girlfriend/wife into watching it.

Color me pleasantly surprised.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Fresh Meat

United States
    John carter is nice movies......I watch this movie with my Freiends last night... I like this movies becoz this movie full of adventure and Entertainment...

I will give 8/10 rating to this movies........

Administrator

England
    Finally got around to watching it. I sort of enjoyed it, but it ultimately felt a bit flat for me unfortunately...

I'd give it a 6.510'ish?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Finally got around to watching it. I sort of enjoyed it, but it ultimately felt a bit flat for me unfortunately...

I'd give it a 6.510'ish?
    I think that's a fair review. I was thrilled they did the character relative justice, but it did feel overly long and a bit halfbaked. Still really enjoyed it, but man did this movie tank in the theaters.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    This movie was as good as it could be when considering it was a story from 1917 being filmed for an audience in 2012 (yet still trying to respect the source material), I enjoyed it a lot.

Lyn Collins looked insanely good as well.

I could watch her all day!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon