Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Walking Dead" - Special Edition DVD and Blu-Ray details

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Oh you have got to be shitting me!!!

So as prices go up and money is worth less, they fucking lower the import threshold?

FFS, I don't believe in the NWO, but I am convinced that there is a global secret society that is dedicated to just annoying the fuck out of me...personally.
    Yeah, I read something along those lines a while ago - but I'm not sure when it's supposed to happen. As someone who has often imported DVDs in the past, it pisses me off too - especially as the import exchange rate is so crap nowadays (I used to import shedloads when it was two dollars to the pound).

I also hate the region coding on Blu-Rays (I thought BR was supposed to be the chance to get shot of region coding!) - I mean for crying out loud, I'm buying the goddamned disc, what's the big problem?! Besides, it's only the hardcore film fans that import movies, the vast majority just buy whatever is in their local HMV.

*sigh*

Anyway - I bloody well hope the special edition comes to our shores (damn sight cheaper than importing, and it opens up the opportunity for BR). Take note AMC and Anchor Bay - us Brits are chomping at the bit for the Special Edition of TWD season one!

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    They find it wierd because we are capable of producing HD audio visual media in vibrant, pin sharp, real life colour.

I find it wierd myself when colour is available...you think the great movie makers of days gone by would have used B&W if they had reliable, quality colour film available? Would the creators of silent movies pooh pooh a system that added properly synced audio?

I personally think it's trying too hard...we all enjoy B&W classics, we enjoy them because they are classics, not because they are in B&W.

Not having a pop at anybody personally here...just saying I find the whole thing a bit, well, elitist/arty for my tastes. It may even be best ranted about on another thread.
    It's a load of old bollox, is what it is. The inclusion of "special B+W" versions that is, not enjoying B+W films in itself.

Besides, if anybody really wants to watch a colour film in black and white, they can simply flatline the colour on the TV. It does the same trick. I looked at 'The Mist' in B+W a while ago and it just looked like 'The Mist' with the colour off.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 22-Jul-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Bluray Cover Art

Last edited by kidgloves; 24-Jul-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: .
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The limited edition cover looks horrible...

I mean.....really?!?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I mean.....really?!?
    That has to be mocked-up artwork ... surely ... right? Because, good god, that's just cobbled together in MSPaint practically. That's gotta be some 'fan art' or something ... please say so.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's whats shown with the dvd and blu ray covers in the OP's link. Maybe it's just a rough concept, but they showed it off next to the others so.....

United States
    I don't get the point of worrying about cover-art. Are you going to frame it and hang it up in your living room? I don't have enough room for all the DVD boxes/slip cases/etc. myself so all those go in the garbage when I get home except for a rare few I keep which I have room for. Everything else goes into my CD cases for my films.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Administrator

England
    What ever happened to the talk of an extended first episode?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What ever happened to the talk of an extended first episode?
    I believe that was all a misunderstanding. The talk was that the R2 fans got an extended cut, but really it was just the same cut without commercials.

I could very well be wrong, but thats what i've gathered in the last year. They promised you guys an "extended cut", when in reality it was just the 70(?) minute cut without commercials.
    Actually, you guys may have missed out on a few minutes on the dvd.

Administrator

England
    I believe that was all a misunderstanding. The talk was that the R2 fans got an extended cut, but really it was just the same cut without commercials.

I could very well be wrong, but thats what i've gathered in the last year. They promised you guys an "extended cut", when in reality it was just the 70(?) minute cut without commercials.
    Actually, you guys may have missed out on a few minutes on the dvd.
    Sounds about right!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I mean.....really?!?
    That's rubbish.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    If it costs $59.99 for the Bluray edition for 6 episodes, how much is season 2 going to cost with 13 episodes?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'll buy the collector's tin and sell my original blu-Ray release down the road.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    Now up for preorder

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-C...2399489&sr=8-3

Where's the UK version though
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    ^^ lol!
    -Carl Sagan