Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "Walking Dead" - Special Edition DVD and Blu-Ray details

Ireland
    It's usually a load of old bunkum though. Of course actors review their performances by watching themselves. Having their performance filmed is one of the most valuable resources open to an actor, more so for a TV actor in a progressive series.

I think if Lincoln actually hasn't watched any of the episodes (which I doubt), then he can't be very interested in either the character he plays, or the series progression. To my mind it would be essential for him to review what he's already done, especially in a series. If it's true, it sorta puts a dent in the lovey dovey guff that's blown around if you can't be bothered watching the finished product. But, I would say there's more than a little smoke being blown up a few asses with these type of comments, to be honest.

The only actor I know, who I believe, that said he wasn't interested in watching any of his films was Robert Mitchum. Because he said most of what he did was rubbish.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    It's usually a load of old bunkum though. Of course actors review their performances by watching themselves. Having their performance filmed is one of the most valuable resources open to an actor, more so for a TV actor in a progressive series.

I think if Lincoln actually hasn't watched any of the episodes (which I doubt), then he can't be very interested in either the character he plays, or the series progression. To my mind it would be essential for him to review what he's already done, especially in a series. If it's true, it sorta puts a dent in the lovey dovey guff that's blown around if you can't be bothered watching the finished product. But, I would say there's more than a little smoke being blown up a few asses with these type of comments, to be honest.

The only actor I know, who I believe, that said he wasn't interested in watching any of his films was Robert Mitchum. Because he said most of what he did was rubbish.
    They talk about Lincoln not watching himself in the TS-19 commentary. He doesn't like editing his character and 2nd guessing what the character would do because he thinks it would affect his future performances. Im not an actor but i could understand why an actor would take that approach
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    They talk about Lincoln not watching himself in the TS-19 commentary. He doesn't like editing his character and 2nd guessing what the character would do because he thinks it would affect his future performances. Im not an actor but i could understand why an actor would take that approach
    And considering that Lincoln has said on numerous occasions how much he loves working on the show, I seriously doubt it's any form of disinterest. On the contrary, all of the actors have talked repeatedly about how much they love working on the show together as a group.

It's not unusual for an actor to not watch their work after they've done it, or to see it on the premiere night and then never see it for decades until along comes an anniversary DVD and they watch it for the commentary and remark at how they've not seen it in decades/ever.

England
    Theres an easter egg on disc 3 of the bluray.
    Push up and a zombie head appears next to the walking dead text. Press enter and you have a zombie featurette with Mr Nicotero

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Theres a 2nd commentary on the pilot episode with Kirkman, Denise Huth and Gale Ann Hurd i found out the other night. A very good listen.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Theres a 2nd commentary on the pilot episode with Kirkman, Denise Huth and Gale Ann Hurd i found out the other night. A very good listen.
    Also known as the "How well can we suck off Darabont?" commentary.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Feb-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: .