Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Two Trailer

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    When they decided to go under the cars, I was like, "WTF about the smell thangie?!?!?"
    That's exactly what popped into my mind and that's exactly why it's a completely stupid idea to introduce such a ridiculous trait for zombies.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I dunno man...

The "under the cars!" scene really puts it out there, but it's further shown if you watch the trailer a second time. At the beginning of the trailer you see a few shots of Sophia's mother walking alone, crying in a church alone, etc.

If it's misdirection, they certainly went far out of the way to trick the fans over such a minor character.

It looked to me like Sophia gets under a car then she is attacked by walker and runs off. You then see Shane, i think, go after her over a verge. Until i see a chow down, i won't believe she gets eaten. Her death is just too damn obvious in the trailer. Up until this trailers release, i thought T-Dog was gone as well from the photos but no, he just catches his arm on car debris
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    The trailer was awesome and indeed is a perfect set up to the new season. As far as spoilers? I don't know, it can go either way. It didn't bother me at all and I hate spoilers.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Has anyone gone back and watched the first season's trailer recently? It's strange how similar this new trailer is and how many 'deleted scenes' are included. I can't wait to see these things on the special edition dvd...

Undisclosed
    They may want us to think something so horrible as the little girl gets eaten...however I didnt see anything that pointed directly to that. Just maybe she runs off and gets lost or finds somewhere else to go...say, a farm (if so soon)?

England
    Theres always one bit in the first trailer that sticks out to me. When Rick is telling Morgan about the bodies he saw at the hospital he says there were some tossed down the stairwell. They must have made a late decision to change the stairwell scene and what a good choice it was

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I re-watched the trailer last night, and I don't think you've got anything to worry about Neil in terms of spoilers. There's no out-right spoilers in the trailer, and anything that suggests something, seems more like misdirection (having read Volume 2 on which this season is based). So I think it's safe for you to watch the whole trailer - as you should - because it certainly got me all hot & bothered for season two (for which I was already rather randy).

United States
    The zombie sniffing thing. Could be several different factors at work as to why the zombies didn't detect the living hiding under the cars in the short. Could be a punctured gas tank and thus the living's smell was masked. Could be a wind direction thing. Could even be that the lead zombie "let one go" and the poor zombies staggering behind him had no choice but to hold their breaths (hee).
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 10-Aug-2011 at 04:07 AM. Reason: sp

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, the new season looks like they're really stepping their game up. I felt that the first season started off with a bang for the first episode, then just fizzled out. I kept watching it because I'm a fanboy, I suppose, but I felt unsatisfied. However, if this trailer is any indication of how the entire second season will run, then HELL YEAH. If it plays out like the first season, I'll still watch it, but I will continue to feel kind of empty.

Undisclosed
    Well, now that come out that Darabont was fired and that a former MTV exec is now running TWD produciton from his air conditioned office surrounded by MBA yes men here are my predictions IF there is a 3rd season:

1) With the new writers brought in because they will be firmly under corporate control, there will be deviation from the original storyline so egregious that the next to leave TWD will be Kirkman himself.

2) Killing off of characters that do not fit the corporate mandated demographic viewer. This means Glenn, Dale and Carl will meet untimely ends and be replaced with characters more "attractive" to the
    target viewing audience. Expect more gangsta types and bimbos to create a reality show type atmosphere filled with thuggish behavior and sexual tension. Maybe even a commedian to add comic relief.

3) An increasing amount of made for Syfy channel movie grade CGI to reduce the cost of having Nicotero's crew on payroll.

4) The inclusion of Steven Segal into the cast becomes a reality, forcing Rick out of the leader role.

Yes I am cyinical. It is because I have seen time and time again corporate suits come in and attempt to justify their own jobs by trying to fix things that aren't broken. The end result is always a disaster.
    Last edited by Sammich; 14-Aug-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: k

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    4) The inclusion of Steven Segal into the cast becomes a reality, forcing Rick out of the leader role.
    Please please remember, the only place this has ever been suggested is in my April fool post! There's no way that will ever happen! Surely
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey....people honestly believed Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan were going to be zombies.

As for the management of the network - I'm still hoping for the best. I'm very disappointed that Darabont was given the boot for taking his time and money to make a quality product, but I still feel like this will all be ironed out in the end. Here's hoping for the best, anyway...

England
    Anyone else notice Shane is wearing his uniform at the beginning of the trailer.
    Dream sequence no doubt.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    I'm going with flashback. We need more backstory that shows the great lengths Shane went to keep Lori and Carl safe. Just to muddy the triangle relationship waters a little further and painting him as a good guys who sacrifices a lot for his friends family. We know there was tons of footage shot of Shane at the hospitol and specifically his interaction with a soldier and shooting zombies outside the hospitol that could still make it into the show at some point.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.