Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Two Trailer

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Season Two Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipuXgEQarPI

Official premiere date of October 16th, as well.

There's actually a pretty obvious spoiler in there, but I guess they didn't care enough. Some bits of Hershel's farm as well.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Jul-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Totally nuts premiering this two weeks before Halloween. Why not premiere it on Halloween night? It would be perfect to show the season premiere on Halloween every year to kick off the new season.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to it but I'm going to hold off and watch it on Halloween night as part of my annual Halloween horror fest marathon.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Totally nuts premiering this two weeks before Halloween. Why not premiere it on Halloween night? It would be perfect to show the season premiere on Halloween every year to kick off the new season.
    AMC's shows play on Sunday nights. Halloween falls on a Monday this year.

England
    Now the trial period its over is time to get down to some serious zombie post apocalyptic action. That trailer has it in spades and some very welcome spoliers on whats to come.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    AMC's shows play on Sunday nights. Halloween falls on a Monday this year.
    So, play it on Monday night for Halloween for the first episode and do an encore the next Sunday. Problem solved. It's all good for me anyway, it just means I'll have two episodes to watch on Halloween night instead of just one.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    So, play it on Monday night for Halloween for the first episode and do an encore the next Sunday. Problem solved.
    After all this time are people still really this blind?

TWD is nothing more than another show to AMC. They'll work it accordingly, but they're not going to form it around the zombie nerd's wishes. It's another one of their shows. Stop wishing it's something different, because it's not. Season Two will start on a Sunday in October. It's not a stab at fans, but a normal marketing move.

Be happy with what we're getting rather than crapping on the plan. When was the last time we saw a (great - or any) zombie series on TV? That's right - NEVER.

Be grateful ya little yuppie larva.
    Last edited by bassman; 23-Jul-2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: .

United States
    When they decided to go under the cars, I was like, "WTF about the smell thangie?!?!?"
    That, and why not kill a few slow moving zombified fleshlings without wasting bullets or whereabouts via sound from your guns?
    I noticed, at times, that they seemed to move a bit faster than before. Still, this cowboy likes what he sees. Even when they grate a little cheese...
    Fuck waiting for two weeks before Halloween, bring this schnizz on now.

Undisclosed
    Just wanted to say: thanks for the post Bassman. That just made my morning. Nothing like waking up with a cup of coffee and some zombies.
    Like what I'm seeing. Pretty nice music in that trailer.

Super Moderator

UK
    My reaction can be summed up thusly:

While yes, I too thought "what about the smell issue?" when they went under the cars, and indeed "don't shoot the one alone, mash it's head in", I can also somewhat understand these situations happening - or at least the first one - the second one is a reveal of sorts. Maybe he's just scoping out what's behind them before he deals with it. When you're about to be swarmed like that though, what else can you really do but hide under the cars? That should be a tense scene.

Loving the look of what's to come (could this all be footage from episode one, which could be another extra-long episode? Or maybe it's from the first couple of episodes) ... this looks properly bleak, and superbly dramatic (just like the comic). This looks dark, proper dark. CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!

As for the premiere date - being that it's in October, that's fine enough I think. You don't want to show an episode on a Monday just because it happens to be Halloween, you've got to maintain a regular time slot on a regular day of the week to build your audience - moving it in the schedules ain't going to help you - plus, being that October is kind of 'the month of Halloween' for those that care, that's good enough ... indeed, it could help you build up your anticipation of halloween night itself. So mid-October is just fine ... indeed we're getting it a couple of weeks earlier, so that's good news everyone!

Thanks for posting this bassman - I'm gonna save a HD copy so I can watch it over-and-over again like I did with last year's trailer.

England
    Looks awesome dudes! As someone who hasnt read the comics I was kinda wondering what direction a second series would head in but this gives me a good idea
    As for hiding under the cars, can't see why it wouldnt work unless zombification gives the undead a sudden superhuman/dog like sense of smell! after all wouldnt a huge backlog of vehicles like that smell of oil, rotting corpses & everything else making it hard to sniff out a few people? As much as I dont want to wish the summer away, I cant wait for this in October!

Administrator

England
    Watched half the trailer then stopped in fear it would spoil it when I watched the true episodes...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Watched half the trailer then stopped in fear it would spoil it when I watched the true episodes...
    I might have to re-watch it again, but I don't think it really spoils anything - it's just a massive winky tease, but as winky teases go, I'm happy to have the anticipatory blue balls for this fine filly ... or something perverted like that ... what I'm saying is, I'm so up for TWD Season 2 ... and I don't think you should worry too much about spoilers from the trailer, but I might have to re-watch it again to confirm that assumption.

For instance, there's a suggestion of one thing happening in the trailer, but - providing it's still as-is from the comic - it's a crafty bit of editing that turns it into something else from what it actually is in the story.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's a wink to a spoiler from the comic, but also one that's new to the show. Both of which can easily be seen in the trailer.

Comic-based spoiler:

Rick running with Carl toward Hershel's farm. This must be after he's shot, but maybe they've changed it up for the show?

New Show-altered character spoiler:

If you watch the "get under the cars!" scene in the trailer you can clearly make out that Sophia gets freaked out, runs out from under the cars, gets eaten, and her mother has to watch while Lori holds her back.

Of course the trailer may just make it look that way in an attempt to throw fans off, but I dunno. It's all laid out there to be seen.
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Jul-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: .

England
    The trailer is all misdirection just like last year and just like the episode previews. No way would they give away a character death that easy.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The trailer is all misdirection just like last year and just like the episode previews. No way would they give away a character death that easy.
    I dunno man...

The "under the cars!" scene really puts it out there, but it's further shown if you watch the trailer a second time. At the beginning of the trailer you see a few shots of Sophia's mother walking alone, crying in a church alone, etc.

If it's misdirection, they certainly went far out of the way to trick the fans over such a minor character.
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Jul-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: .