Thread: Chepstow Castle, Wales, UK - a short video I edited together...

Super Moderator

UK

Post Chepstow Castle, Wales, UK - a short video I edited together...

I shot this footage a few years back now (2007!) for my first project as a freelancer, but I only just got around to cutting together the best shots into a little montage - so if you if you dig on British castles, step right this way.

Chepstow Castle itself, in the county of Monmouthshire (in Wales), was once a stronghold between England and Wales for 900 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JSyYOHmJkA

Super Moderator

UK
    Cut together a little video for Stirling Castle (which is in Scotland) today. I took the footage and photos when I was on holiday in Scotland in 2011. Stirling Castle, like Edinburgh Castle, was one of the filming locations for John Landis' horror comedy "Burke & Hare".

You can see a little video I did for Edinburgh (from my Scottish holiday in 2010) below:

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Very cool. Having never left the states, I've never seen anything like this in person but your videos kinda give it that feel. Nicely done.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Jan-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Very cool. Having never left the states, I've never seen anything like this in person but your videos kinda give it that feel. Nicely done.
    Thanks dude.

I keep forgetting, but yeah, the USA is a relatively young nation so you guys don't have castles - must be kind of strange/cool for any of you folks who visit our shores though, because castles are dime-a-dozen over here ... or to use the British equivalent of that phrase "ten-a-penny" ... although that said, all these castles we've got lying around are most definitely not worthless. They're huge for tourism, but also fantastically interesting places to visit.

If any of you guys get a chance to visit Scotland, I'd highly recommend either Stirling Castle or Edinburgh Castle - especially Edinburgh Castle: it's jam-packed with stuff to see and the views of the city (particularly on a lovely weather day) are superb.

England
    Cool videos MZ, I love exploring old castles, something about them really captures the imagination. Have you ever been to Warwick castle before? Its well worth a visit as its one of the few English castles that wasnt destroyed by Oliver Cromwells bunch (as its owner during the civil war was a parliamentarian) although it does have some scars from seige with cannon & so forth. I've been to quite a few of the castles around England such as Corfe Castle, Helmsley castle, Tintagel (which is were legend says king Arthur and the knights of the round table were based), Scarborough castle which is just up the road from me. The old monasteries are worth a walk round too, especially Fountains abbey near Ripon & Jervaulx abbey, very eerie places, especially as night is drawing in

*edit - have a look on here, every castle in the UK is listed on this map, and if you click them it brings up photos of each, cool stuff! http://www.castlexplorer.co.uk/maps.php
    Last edited by Tricky; 07-Jan-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: stuff n that

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh aye there's plenty of good ones around and abouts. If I remember correctly, I have been to Warwick Castle (on a school trip), but I can't remember it so well.

Actually - because it's always been a part of the landscape to me, I'd totally forgotten, but there's a castle literally just down the road from me. You can get there in like 5 minutes.

One that I remember visiting a while back - Skenfrith Castle - was featured in a recent episode of Doctor Who: http://www.castlexplorer.co.uk/wales.../skenfrith.php