Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season Two Webisodes

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    why do script writers always name young males either Billy or Tommy lol
    That is pretty common now that you mention it!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Waiting for someone to edit all these things together before I give it a second watch. It gets annoying having to re-click every 2-5 minutes...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Waiting for someone to edit all these things together before I give it a second watch. It gets annoying having to re-click every 2-5 minutes...
    Its quite a disjointed story so the breaks work for me.
    I thought Nicotero did a great job. I bet his budget was tiny and his schedule short but he managed to put something pretty good together.

One thing confused me though

Why did his 2nd wife not get up after being shot? She had clearly already turned.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    One thing confused me though

Why did his 2nd wife not get up after being shot? She had clearly already turned.
    I thought the exact same thing! I just figured that maybe she hadn't turned, she was just sick and in pain from her wounds, so that was why she was creeping along. With that being said, she definitely looked like a walker.

Another slight issue I had -

The father became too comfortable, too quick with shooting people in the face. Although I understand the budget and time was minimal, so it's not a huge problem. The ending cgi was a bit rough, as well. Her intestines moved in a slightly "off" way.

Again....VERY minor complaints. The series was awesome. Kinda weird they released them all on the same day, but very entertaining.

England
    I thought the exact same thing! I just figured that maybe she hadn't turned, she was just sick and in pain from her wounds, so that was why she was creeping along. With that being said, she definitely looked like a walker.

Another slight issue I had -

The father became too comfortable, too quick with shooting people in the face. Although I understand the budget and time was minimal, so it's not a huge problem. The ending cgi was a bit rough, as well. Her intestines moved in a slightly "off" way.

Again....VERY minor complaints. The series was awesome. Kinda weird they released them all on the same day, but very entertaining.
    I think the main issues people will with have with it are down to budget and format. Webisodes seem to be a snapshot way of telling a story leaving the viewer to piece together the scenes and story.
    Great effort though. Im sure the filmmakers amongst us can probably appreciate it better.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 03-Oct-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: .

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Someone has to find out who the first zombie she encounters is that gets his head blown off because I swear that's Dian Bachar, the guy who played "Lil Bitch" Squeak Scolari in Baseketball. I know he went from acting to doing special effects stuff. It looks just like him and I'd nearly bet my balls on it. I looked on the credits and it didn't say.
    I totally WTF'ed on it!!!

Also, that was awesome. Who was Hanna? I don't remember seeing her on the show. Did I miss something?

United States
    wow, much better than i expected. a decent appetizer prior to the main course, if you will....can't wait to pick up right where we left off.

Super Moderator

UK
    The YouTube link didn't work for me in my "region", however I did find another uploader who has put up all the webisodes. I'm gonna download them in HD and watch them all back-to-back - I can't wait!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The YouTube link didn't work for me in my "region", however I did find another uploader who has put up all the webisodes. I'm gonna download them in HD and watch them all back-to-back - I can't wait!
    Thats what I did.
    Strange. It worked for everyone yesterday.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Also, that was awesome. Who was Hanna? I don't remember seeing her on the show. Did I miss something?
    You saw her in the pilot episode, dude. She's the bicycle zombie. You didn't recognize her in the last webisode? These six webisodes are a sort of prequel to the first season, but not involving any of the living characters like Rick, Shane, etc.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just watched the six webisodes - indeed, a lovely little teaser for the second season. The story for them was a good idea, however elements of the scripts were a touch iffy (for me, it was mainly certain pieces of dialogue that felt awkward and not naturalistic enough) ... special effects wise, the only thing I thought was off was that big plume of smoke on the horizon in episode six - other than that it was all rather good, especially the practical stuff (episodes 5 and 6 demonstrated that in spades).

I loved how it provided some backstory and further tragedy to the Bicycle zombie character - even though it was a different actress - which kind of ties in with how woeful and sad that zombie was in the first episode of TWD.

I think Nicotero did a pretty darn good job too on the directing front - so two thumbs fresh for Gregg!

Now bring on season two!

United States
    You saw her in the pilot episode, dude. She's the bicycle zombie. You didn't recognize her in the last webisode? These six webisodes are a sort of prequel to the first season, but not involving any of the living characters like Rick, Shane, etc.
    Yeah, I did. I just didn't know her name was Hanna. I don't remember her having a name in the episode so I was like WTF?!?!?
    And yeah, that's Dian Bachar. He had his zombie pic up on his FB yesterday. Cool as shit!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Yeah, I did. I just didn't know her name was Hanna. I don't remember her having a name in the episode so I was like WTF?!?!?
    Ah, I see. She had no identity in the pilot episode. Just a pathetic zombie to sympathize with. This is just Nicotero expanding on the origins of that nameless character.

United States
    just seen them on hulu and it made my mouth water watchin it. i realy can't wait.

United States
    Ah, I see. She had no identity in the pilot episode. Just a pathetic zombie to sympathize with. This is just Nicotero expanding on the origins of that nameless character.
    Didn't necessarily say that, just that I didn't know her name was Hanna. I pretty much only knew her as the Bicycle Girl. Lol, we weren't on a first name basis yet.
    And sympathize?
    Aww, hells naw...
    Zombies are for target practice only. The only good one is a... uhh... doubly dead... one?
    But the webisode was awesome, believe me. I'd be happy if they gave EVERY zombie a backstory. Those are short enough to finish one story easily in one sitting.