Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knights of Badassdom (film)

Administrator

England
    Finally a release date? But it's been re-edited? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65433

It's been almost 3 years since we first heard of Joe Lynch's LLARP-fantasy-comedy, THE KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM, and now, we finally have a February 2014 release date courtesy of this announcement trailer. Which is good news. Not so good is that what we'll be seeing appears to be the version edited by the production company, IndieVest, rather than the original cut by director Lynch.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Bummer because it looks the bomb. Maybe a director's special edition blu-ray?

Administrator

England
    Is this the worst poster ever?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Is this the worst poster ever?
    Or is it the best poster ever?!

I like it. It's cheesy, as is the subject matter it's a send up of.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I stumbled onto a site saying this was/is already out?!?
    Also, it had only made a little over a hundred thousand. Hell, one day it looked to have made no more than $18 bucks. I still think it looks the tits.
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...fbadassdom.htm
    Woe be the day. I think a wide release would shed some light on this little deeply buried gem. WTF?!?

Administrator

England
    http://1nfluxmagazine.com/knights-of-badassdom/

I wish that I could say that I was reviewing director Joe Lynch’s vision of the film, but the truth is that what we are not presented with is a final product that has been heavily doctored by the studio and sat on the shelf for a few years. Much of what is wrong with the film seems to boil down to this fact. It doesn’t change the fact that we’re still getting a fun and funny hybrid of comedy, fantasy, horror, and nerd culture. I just can’t shake the feeling that, instead of the Freaks and Geeks style representation of nerd culture that the film in it’s original form could have provided, we’re left with more of a Big Bang Theory take on the worldwide geek takeover. Highly entertaining and on the nose, but not as special as it could (and should) have been.
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    http://glowgaze.com/forum/showthread...ming-Subtitles
    Well, I guess anyone who wants to be a judge now can...
    Getting ready to give it a twirl now. If she's got a good beat, and I can dance to it, it'll be meins when it gets a blu-ray release.

United States
    badass.jpg
    Just saw it, and wowser, I liked the hell out of it. I hope when this comes out it is on blu ray, and that there is a director's cut as well as the theatrical cut. Very well done, I can't imagine why this wouldn't get a wide release and knock the socks off the box office.
    It definitely falls in line with Your Highness, with its mix of sci fi fantasy/stoner comedy with very nicely done gore on top of it all. I normally have not cared for that Dinklage guy either, but he shines brightly in this, everybody does. Great movie, so see it. I'm buying it when it sadly comes out sooner than it probably should.
    I hope the screen shot posts. I needst find me a midget, pronto, and keepeth him close.
    Verily, I say.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I needst find me a midget, pronto, and keepeth him close.
    Verily, I say.
    Huzzah?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    badass.jpg
    Just saw it, and wowser, I liked the hell out of it. I hope when this comes out it is on blu ray, and that there is a director's cut as well as the theatrical cut. Very well done, I can't imagine why this wouldn't get a wide release and knock the socks off the box office.
    It definitely falls in line with Your Highness, with its mix of sci fi fantasy/stoner comedy with very nicely done gore on top of it all. I normally have not cared for that Dinklage guy either, but he shines brightly in this, everybody does. Great movie, so see it. I'm buying it when it sadly comes out sooner than it probably should.
    I hope the screen shot posts. I needst find me a midget, pronto, and keepeth him close.
    Verily, I say.
    Looking forward to getting a chance to seeing it.
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    It is out now on dvd and blu ray, though I've yet to find a copy to buy in anything other than dvd. I rented it to gobble up the special features and rewatch without having to suck up loads of net juice whilst it streameth. It has a handful of short interviews, and a comicon thangie.
    I sayeth verily unto thee: Check it out, it is an awesome movie. I checked out what the blu ray entailed, but no director's cut or anything, so I guess this is the version we get. I'm fine with that because I loved it, but I wonder what it originally might have been. I would easily boner up if there was a sequel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MoZQADvE_U

Administrator

England
    Gave up after about 25mins...
    -Carl Sagan