Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If the dead did come alive what about this......???????

Undisclosed

If the dead did come alive what about this......???????

Okay if the dead did take over, and the world is roaming with zombies, Were are all the Military personal on Air Craft Carriers? Subs like the navy or Island Military Bases? I dont think the zombie would have made it to to a Aircraft carrier? IM sure the goverment would goverment would have notified the navy..........

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe_dead
    Okay if the dead did take over, and the world is roaming with zombies, Were are all the Military personal on Air Craft Carriers? Subs like the navy or Island Military Bases? I dont think the zombie would have made it to to a Aircraft carrier? IM sure the goverment would goverment would have notified the navy..........
    people still would die on a sub or a aircraft carrier. they would be zombies, also with subs and aircraft carriers they to rely on supplies. there supplies would only last so long before they would then have to return to some port. also the mental break down or personnel cant be measured. the military is only as good as the people who make it up .

United States
    [QUOTE=general tbag]people still would die on a sub [QUOTE]

Yea, and from the way my grandpa described it, people on subs aren't very stable to begin with (all males trapped underwater for months at a time, you do that math.)

United States
    This is true, but presumably most of the personnel on a sub are in reasonably good health, and I doubt that people die often on them. Subs too. Therefore, it is very likely that they would be made aware of the zombie problem on the mainland and would likely heave anyone who died overboard very quickly. Of course, once their supplies ran out, they would have to dock somewhere to get supplies, or at least take a smaller boat ashore. They could fish for food, but would have to get more fresh water at some point, unless equipped with a salt-to-fresh filter.

In any event, very good line of thought Gabe. Keep the good ideas coming, I have never heard or thought about this before!

Undisclosed
    okay but lets say we were on a aircraft carrier, they could do what Fiddlers green was doing a send out raids to get food on Civilian land, and its not like fuel on a Nuclear air craft carrier is going to run out , it last for like 20 years or something like that, all they would have to do is Raid a costco's or some **** like that, I mean carrier travel in Battle groups, I.E a Sub, Re-supply ship etc...

United States
    There are over 5500 people on the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) alone. Not to mention all the crew on the various cruisers, destroyers, and auxillary ships in a carrier battle group.

In a zombie situation many US Navy and Marine top brass and Washington politicians would be evacuated to these safe havens to continue the US government. The lucky few would bring their family along.

Overcrowding would be dangerous. An elderly politician dies from a normal heart ailment, bites someone else sleeping in the room. Zombie incidents in a stressful environment like that would occur on a near daily basis.

While it would be fairly easy to contain in a Romero universe, imagine the effect in a 28 Days Later or Dawn of the Dead (2004) scenario. Rabid hostile undead roaming the aircraft carrier while a group of trapped sailors below decks attempt to escape the doomed ship.

On the subject of islands, places like Samoa, Guam, Diego Garcia, the Azores, Malta would become last refuges from the undead. It's very likely approaching ships from the mainland would be discouraged from landing, perhaps even sunk for fear of bringing the infection to remote locations.
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 25-Jun-2006 at 02:36 PM.

Undisclosed

But people die on those Island too..

So they wouldnt be zombie free Island....I was in Samoa for about 6 weeks once just to throw that in.

Undisclosed
    Yea but in the all the dead movies the only way it spreads is from a bite, not from someone who just died, I.E the remake of dawn of the dead, were the nurse clearly makes the point you have to be bitten to be turned, so if the the old man just dies from a heart attack .... that would be it, he would just die, and the best thing about that is that you could throw their boddies over board...

and dont forget this they could make their own water on a aircraft carrier, so just turn the deck into a large piece of farmland with soil....
    Last edited by Gabe_dead; 25-Jun-2006 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    Yea but in the all the dead movies the only way it spreads is from a bite, not from someone who just died, I.E the remake of dawn of the dead, were the nurse clearly makes the point you have to be bitten to be turned, so if the the old man just dies from a heart attack .... that would be it, he would just die, and the best thing about that is that you could throw their boddies over board...

and dont forget this they could make their own water on a aircraft carrier, so just turn the deck into a large piece of farmland with soil....
    ummm...in romero universe, anyone that dies (no matter what reason) returns as a zombie. you should maybe watch them.

Undisclosed
    Not true its only people who have been bitten, I have all the movies on Dvd..... Im quite familiar with the movies....

Dude all you would have to do is take over a Prison, and their si your fort right their...
    Last edited by Gabe_dead; 25-Jun-2006 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States

Re-in-vest

Not true its only people who have been bitten, I have all the movies on Dvd..... Im quite familiar with the movies....

Dude all you would have to do is take over a Prison, and their si your fort right their...
    If you own them all, you may want to invest your time in watching them again. Let me name some specific instances.

Night of the Living Dead: Johnny got smashed into the ground at the beginning, was not bitten. The mother, her name escapes me right now, was stabbed to death by the girl, not bitten. Also, listening to the news you hear them say, "The bodies of the recently deceased are coming back to life".

Day of the Dead: That blonde guy (once again, the name escapes me) who was shot and killed when the zombie broke out of her collar, they find his head later in Logan's laboratory.

Land of the Dead: Here's an easy one, the old man hangs himself and the first thing Cholo says is, "You know what's going to happen" and the guy reanimates, and at that point there's no way he could have been bitten inside Fiddler's Green.

I'm quite sure I missed a few, but I think those should suffice

While it is true that bites are 100% fatal, that ISN'T the only way to turn.

Undisclosed
    What about Tactical Nuclear Weapons? Small nukes or Chemical weapons? like nerve gas would melt the dead? dude and how in none of the dead movies you dont see tanks? dude and Abrams tank could run over allot of dead people...

United States
    Navy, Army. Doesn't matter. We would all be eaten alive or starve to death. Plenty of Personal would probaly desert, or go rouge too.

If you had to be bitten to reanimate, how would the 1st zombie appear?
    Only bites has no logic and is a chicken or the egg scenario

Undisclosed
    dude if Fiddlers green could survive, surley a aircraft carrier could, all you need to do is raid a costco! and no zombie can get inside a tank...

Norway
    The standard solution in most zombie movies I have seen is to make the army guys more evil and dangerous than the zombies.