Thread: "A Very Harold And Kumar 3D Christmas" (film)

Administrator

England

"A Very Harold And Kumar 3D Christmas" (film)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks fun enough. I'll check it out. The second film wasn't quite as good as the first, but they were never really award-winning films anyway, were they?

Super Moderator

United States
    I'll give it a look. The first was good fun, but haven't really sat down for the whole of the 2nd film yet.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    They're ok, but everytime someone compares them to Cheech and Chong, I cringe.
    We'll probably see it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    meh, i watched the first more for stoner , evil, neil patrick harris to be honest, neither of the two main guys are 'funny' actors.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    We'll probably see it.
    Looks like that day has finally come. Too bad I'm not gonna be baked for it.
    Not gonna lie, wasn't that bad. NPH was pretty funny playing the "not really gay but it works for the P-tang."
    Already made it to the cheapie theater, but was pretty dang full. I'm guessing NW AR stoners must be feeling the recession crunch or something. Frugal, but smart, if'n you ask me.
    That's part of how I saw Pineapple Express 9 times in the theater. Wish Your Highness would've made it as well.
    All I can say is if you liked the others, you'll definitely like this one.
    Last edited by rongravy; 29-Dec-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: suck it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    a polite no thanks on this. haven't even seen the first movie.

that sort of "stoner" humor appeals to me about as much as having open heart surgery without anesthesia.

i find almost nothing funny outside of dark british stuff. my sense of humor is as dry as the mojave.

i have literally sat in rooms with folks watching "seinfeld" or "the office", etc. with a mr. spock raised eyebrow the whole time wondering why anyone would laugh at such shit.
    of course, that was back when i actually allowed others in my presence.
    Last edited by Mike70; 03-Jan-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I bet you're the life of every party....

Last edited by bassman; 03-Jan-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Don't let Bass give you a hard time, Mike. You were the shit in T2, btw!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Don't let Bass give you a hard time, Mike. You were the shit in T2, btw!

i fart in all your general directions.

thanks aces for recognizing me as Pedestrian #5 in T2. i really think that's my most moving performance.

weird thing is: most people think that i am funny as all hell and many, many times in life people have told me that i should write comedy.
    'tis almost like some weird curse from greek tragedy - i find very little funny but people find a lot of things i say hilarious.

-- -------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

first one with a lamp shade.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    We'll probably see it.
    Cheech and Chong suck my ass. Not saying these guys don't, but damn that's some incoherent and boring comedy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Finally saw this. More enjoyable than the second, but nothing really new. A few good laughs and it kept my attention for 90 minutes. Thomas Lennon(Reno 911), his baby, and Neil Patrick Harris were probably the best parts. It's very funny how they treated NPH's sexual preference in this film since he became openly gay in reality. I also wish I had seen this in theater because they really take the gag of 3D and run with it.

I would say give it a watch if you can. Don't pay for it or go out of your way, but it's a decent way to waste some time and have some giggles. 6/10

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Cheech and Chong suck my ass. Not saying these guys don't, but damn that's some incoherent and boring comedy.

Ehhhhhhh, when my buddies and I used to sit around and watch them in the 80's, we laughed our asses off everytime. Time to agree to disagree yet again.
    I even liked The Corsican Brothers.

I'm guessing you're not a stoner? Heck, my dear old pappy even liked their movies, and he's never touched the stuff. Guess we're just incoherent and boring old farts...
    How old are you, by the way?