Thread: Deadly Women

United States

Deadly Women

Has anyone seen this show? It comes on Investigation Discovery's channel and it's a crime documentary that deals with some of history's most notorious female murderers and serial killers.

Until I saw this show I never really got into crime dramas, but something about this show sucked me in. Indeed the idea behind female killers is interesting due to the fact that they are a rarity in our society and women are more likely to get away with murder than men due to the fact that they are seldome suspected of crimes.

I liked this show so much that I decided to get Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. My favorite episode on this DVD is "Dark Secrets", which features a case that happened here in Pensacola, Florida during the 1980's. A woman named Judy Buenaono, who became known as "The Black Widow", murdered her husband and teenage son by poisoning them with arsenic, and then attempted to murder her fiance by blowing his car up with dynamite, just so that she could collect life insurance. She got away with her crimes for over a decade but when she was caught she was sentenced to death by electric chair. I think the thing about this case I find most intriguing is the fact that it happened close to home and the nature of the crime sounds more like something you'd read about in a book or see in a movie, you really can't imagine something like that happening in the real world.

So I was wondering if anybody here has seen this show? If so what are your thoughts about it?

Undisclosed
    I watch it on occassion, and it definitely has its moments. The segment about Brenda Lee Spencer was especially fascinating.
    Last edited by Purge; 22-Aug-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

United States
    Hey UC, I'm from P-cola myself! Or at least I used to be. I moved right after high-school.

As for the show. . . I've seen it on, but havn't watched it yet. Don't wanna give my wife any ideas.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."