Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Resident Evil 5 a bad game?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post

The voice acting has always been abysmal, although when I was 15 it still just about convinced me as in game speech was still relatively new then. Revisit this & remind yourself how bad it is!

I know the acting's pretty shocking but I think its more to do with the pacing...you get like 5 second gaps between something happening and their reactions, or from one bit of dialogue to the next...

*BANG*.....5 seconds....."what was that?".....five seconds..."could be chris?"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    REmake

'BLAM!'
    Barry: "What was that?"
    Wesker: "Chris..."
    Jill: "No!"
    Wesker: "Jill go and investigate."
    Barry: "I'm going with her, Chris and I go back a long way."
    If they ever do a remake they should show them nervous, shaken and tired.

Another take:

England
    Its funny how Barry tells Jill to go and look for any clues while he's "examining" that pool of blood, whats he going to do, a DNA test using the kit in his back pocket? and he's still staring at it when Jill comes back 5 minutes later with a zombie in tow!

United States
    Its funny how Barry tells Jill to go and look for any clues while he's "examining" that pool of blood, whats he going to do, a DNA test using the kit in his back pocket? and he's still staring at it when Jill comes back 5 minutes later with a zombie in tow!
    He's obviously on the weed.
    Higher than a kite...

England
    Then you get Wesker wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night in the woods, cos he's badass

United States
    Then you get Wesker wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night in the woods, cos he's badass
    Either that, or he really loves Corey Hart...
    No matter what, he'll... wait for it... never surrender.
    Last edited by rongravy; 24-Aug-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: I'm silly like that.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I know the acting's pretty shocking but I think its more to do with the pacing...you get like 5 second gaps between something happening and their reactions, or from one bit of dialogue to the next...

*BANG*.....5 seconds....."what was that?".....five seconds..."could be chris?"
    ha ha......we used to call Res Evil "What is it" because we all had such a laugh at the terrible voice acting at the beginning and they seemed to be saying "what is it/that/this" every few minutes.

Brings back a lot of memories that.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    i gotta admit, the graphics in RE5 are beautiful from what i've seen. i just got a brand new full hdtv and was almost thinking of picking a used copy of RE5 up just for the visuals. is it worth that much even, to anyone who's actually played it?

Dying

United States
    Depends on what system you have. For my money, and I know some people will disagree with me on this, but the best game of the current generation in terms of sheer visuals (NOT gameplay, and I'm NOT saying it's the best game of the generation period) is Killzone 3 on the Playstation 3. The level of detail and the sheer size of everything is unreal. Resident Evil 5 is way behind Killzone 3 in terms of visuals, and it's even behind games like Uncharted 2 and Resistance 3 (great game, by the way).

If we're talking on X-Box 360, the visuals tend to be a bit lower, but games like LA Noir are more impressive than RE5.

United States
    thanks, mitch. i already went ahead and ordered it. got the gold edition brand new and shipped for under 20 bucks.

as much as i dislike the direction the series has taken, i figure if i can just put the RE-nostalgia aside, ignore the fact that they are pissing all over one of my favorite gaming franchises, and enjoy it as a beautiful-looking action game, it'll be worth that much at least.

oh, and i already beat l.a. noire and got all achievements, loaned it out to a friend just last night.

United States

waaaay too action-oriented, like if michael bay was behind this game....

well, finally got around to playing this. thought it was decent at first, but after the literal spear-chuckers and underground ruins, military factory base with machine-gunning enemies, etc, i am so ready to finish this game and be done with it. i may try out the DLC missions, but seriously doubt i'll play the main game a second time through....and to think i haven't even gotten to the boulder part yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, finally got around to playing this. thought it was decent at first, but after the literal spear-chuckers and underground ruins, military factory base with machine-gunning enemies, etc, i am so ready to finish this game and be done with it. i may try out the DLC missions, but seriously doubt i'll play the main game a second time through....and to think i haven't even gotten to the boulder part yet.
    you mean you dont want to do the end where they fight in a stealth bomber and then the mouth of an erupting volcano as chris punches a boulder with one fucking falcon punch- not realising that the volcano would scatter the ourobouros into the upper atmosphere and spread it world wide regardless of blowing it up?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    ha ha......we used to call Res Evil "What is it" because we all had such a laugh at the terrible voice acting at the beginning and they seemed to be saying "what is it/that/this" every few minutes.

Brings back a lot of memories that.
    It's wonderful that this games mixes such outright cheese lines and delivery with such a fantastic atmosphere. A triumph and probably my all time fave game series.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    you mean you dont want to do the end where they fight in a stealth bomber and then the mouth of an erupting volcano as chris punches a boulder with one fucking falcon punch- not realising that the volcano would scatter the ourobouros into the upper atmosphere and spread it world wide regardless of blowing it up?
    Or the fact that the heat from the lava would flash fry you before you got that far into the caldera?
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los