Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Memphis 3 finally freed!!!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

West Memphis 3 finally freed!!!

As an avid follower/supporter/donator of these guys, today is a great day!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/19/...html?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...257eb03a03d698

Super Moderator

United States
    I read about this this morning, good to see follow up on it. It's a shame they had to basically plead guilty to, from what I've heard, avoid state liability for wrongful incarceration.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    our justice system failed them for so long.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I read about this this morning, good to see follow up on it. It's a shame they had to basically plead guilty to, from what I've heard, avoid state liability for wrongful incarceration.
    Yeah, it is a shame, but there was some weird loophole where they were able to plead guilty while upholding their stance on being innocent.

The biggest shame is that we'll probably never know who the real murderer(s) was and the West Memphis PD will never be reprimanded for the shit show they put on in 1993.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Yeah, it is a shame, but there was some weird loophole where they were able to plead guilty while upholding their stance on being innocent.

The biggest shame is that we'll probably never know who the real murderer(s) was and the West Memphis PD will never be reprimanded for the shit show they put on in 1993.
    It was Jury Trial though. Actually two jury trials. The PD isn't the only problem with this case. Also, I'm sure behind the scenes some elected official(s) was putting pressure on the PD and the prosecution to get a conviction.

As for the loophole to plead guilty to get out of jail I think it is bullshit. Perhaps they do not belong in jail but they were put in jail by a jury then they should be released by a pardon from the Governor or retrial by a jury. The loophole should not exist.

-- -------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Addition: I do not know if I would have admitted guilt for freedom. It's possible that I would have because freedom is something of great value but by doing so....you piss away any chance of a payout by the state for wrong doing.....years down the road they will possibly regret this decision and we will hear non-stop bitching about how they were screwed.

Good luck getting a decent job after prison time aswell...

Super Moderator

Germany
    Those boys need to get their asses out of the bible belt, pronto.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Anyone remember when Zero did some decks to help these guys out a few years back? Nice to see that wasn't for naught.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    It was Jury Trial though. Actually two jury trials. The PD isn't the only problem with this case. Also, I'm sure behind the scenes some elected official(s) was putting pressure on the PD and the prosecution to get a conviction.
    Yeah, I know it there were juries. However, if it weren't for the PD mishandling everything, bullying a "confession" out of a mentally challenged kid, then hiring their own prosecution to mislead the juries, there wouldn't be much blame to put on the juries. That's just the way I look at it.

I wore my FREE THE WM3 shirt last night, getting a lot of "You know they're free, right?"

Ireland
    Have you seen 'Paradise Lost' Mike?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Have you seen 'Paradise Lost' Mike?
    Yeah, I've seen both of them. Anticipating the 3rd one's release. I've also read/own The Devil's Knot.

Did a presentation on these guys for one of my classes a couple years ago.

United States
    My personal jury is still out on the whole thangie. I saw the docs way back on HBO, and everyone, including the 3 doods accused, were some weird ass people. I gave up on wondering who did it. It could've been anyone: them, the one's stepdaddy with no teeth, the ice cream man, Mr Freakin' Bojangles...?!?!?
    And those docs were very on the sides of the 3. I'd say that swayed alot of the public alone, without bothering to dig deeper into the facts. Experts, schmexperts.
    I'm just saying...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The book isn't biased, like those documentaries. Neither is the new evidence they found, which points to one of the victims' father and his friend. Oddly enough, they aren't doing shit about it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    The book isn't biased, like those documentaries. Neither is the new evidence they found, which points to one of the victims' father and his friend. Oddly enough, they aren't doing shit about it.
    Yeah, I saw something about that guy. Never read the book, and I'm definitely not saying I'm ANY kind of expert on it. Just that everyone involved in this was weird as all get out, lol.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow....never expected to see that headline...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Yeah, I saw something about that guy. Never read the book, and I'm definitely not saying I'm ANY kind of expert on it. Just that everyone involved in this was weird as all get out, lol.
    Well, it IS [kinda] backwoods south.