Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most disturbing film

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Threads.
    Glad someone else has seen it. Only movie that ever gave me nightmares.

That along with Cannibal Holocaust and especially Men Behind The Sun make my list.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i'm very old school in my horror choices. i'll go with "the exorcist" which i watched for the first time when i was young and home alone at night for one of the first times.

put me off of green kool-aid for like 6 months or so.

the newer "breed" of horror movies bore the literal shit out of me. the overuse of gore and violence in the modern horror movie is a symptom of a lack of both imagination and storytelling ability.
    Last edited by Mike70; 29-Aug-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: s
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    the newer "breed" of horror movies bore the literal shit out of me. the overuse of gore and violence in the modern horror movie is a symptom of a lack of both imagination and storytelling ability.
    I'd add over use of cheap CGI and T&A and send out an AMEN! to this.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Aftermath great film. I saw on Amazon Serbian film is coming out uncut on blu ray October 25 here in the USA. I will be picking it up as curiosity has got the best of me

Super Moderator

UK
    Clang - nice avatar.

Disturbing films eh?

I've only managed I Spit On Your Grave once to date ... Cannibal Holocaust I've seen a couple of times now. That's a disturbing film, and while the shock factor has worn off, it's still very powerful to this day.

That Takashi Miike episode from Masters of Horror was disturbing in a wince-inducing way and a gross-out way too - if you've seen it, you'll understand why.

August Underground - now that's fucking disturbing - I did feel physically sick after watching it, and it was really depressing too. I only made it about 30 minutes into the first sequel and just shut it the hell off and never returned to it.

The description of A Serbian Film depressed me, and haunted me, so I don't think I'll ever watch the movie - I have no desire to see it.

Eraserhead was quite disturbing. I watched it when I was 15, but in several sittings over several months. I could only manage 5 to 10 minutes at a time, and then it'd be a week or two before I'd resume ... but I've been meaning to rewatch it now that I'm much older and much more versed in Lynch's work ... but aged 15 it just freaked me out ... but I kind of dig that it did.

Eden Lake is a disturbing film - quite depressing too - very bleak. Speaking of bleak, aye, The Road is very bleak (but it's also very good, even if the book is definitely superior) ... The Road is a tough slog at times (it's like a 'real' apocalypse, rather than a 'movie apocalypse'), but there's a sense of catharsis to the whole experience that makes it decidedly worthwhile and moving.

United States
    August Underground didnt phase me in the least. The effects were top notch, but I always wondered why would a killer talk so much. The Convenience Store sceen where he kept shoving the kids face in his girlfriends ass yell"Sniff her ass" while the guy gagged and coughed made me laugh, and took away the whole tone of the film. Canibal Ferox to me was a little harder to take then Canibal Holicaust.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Eraserhead's not disturbing... It's just fun. I was pumped throughout. Or at least after the first ten minutes.

England
    I found Jacobs Ladder pretty disturbing too, not in the same way as a lot of those other films mentioned, but it does mess with your head!

United States
    Requiem For A Dream did depress the hell out of me

United States
    Die Blechtrommel (THE TIN DRUM) was disturbing when I first saw it in High School - but a cool film all the same. Less disturbing now after repeated viewings, but still freaky.

Cronenberg's Videodrome and Naked Lunch were disturbing too.

I had never heard of Serbian Film, but it sounds like a real downer.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I only read the wiki synopsis of it, and that was disturbing enough. It's sad to me that some sick ass people out there probably jack it to shit like that. I also didn't like the Hills Have Eyes remake, for the rape scene. I never saw the original, but it disturbed me that some audience members seemed to really be into it. WTF is wrong with people today?!?!?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't really watch too many disturbing movies, I guess. I remember 'Poltergeist' really got under my skin. More so than 'The Exorcist' did, actually. I didn't forget it for weeks. That also says alot for a PG rating...

'Requiem for a Dream' made me fear needles, 'Kids' made me fear vaginas, and The Devil's Rejects had a certain disturbing scene. I guess that's all I got....
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Aug-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That Takashi Miike episode from Masters of Horror was disturbing in a wince-inducing way and a gross-out way too - if you've seen it, you'll understand why.
    YES! That was pretty fucked up (I believe it was called "Imprint") - I think most of his films are like that.

Anyone on here see Ichi The Killer? I mean, WTF?!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    YES! That was pretty fucked up (I believe it was called "Imprint") - I think most of his films are like that.

Anyone on here see Ichi The Killer? I mean, WTF?!
    ICHI is cool. . . .but Audition is way more fucked up. . .love that movie. Oh. . just watched another Mike movie this weekend. 13 Assassins. . . still has some sick stuff in it. It was more Kurosawa than Mike to me. Great movie.
    Last edited by clanglee; 30-Aug-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: adfw
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Audition was great so were Ichi and imprint. I picked up 13 Assasins but haven't watched it yet. Good to know there are other Mike fans out there