Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most disturbing film

United States

Most disturbing film

What does everyone think are the top 3 most disturbing films ever? Personally the only film to bother me was Girl Next Door

United States
    My opinion is...

#1 by a LONG SHOT: "A Serbian Film": I absolutely refuse to ever watch it again. Not even for money.

#2 "Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom" -- extremely disturbing.

#3 "Schindler's List" -- and yes, it's a horror film. It's one of the Top 10 best horror films ever made if you ask me. The horror is ourselves as humans.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    I've been looking for serbian film but can't find an uncut region 1 disc

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by COry G View Post
    I've been looking for serbian film but can't find an uncut region 1 disc
    And hopefully you won't either. You can find, ahem, a copy of it to watch if you know how to look for it. I don't recommend doing so though because it's like the old adage says: "Once you see something, you can never unsee it again." I normally laugh at films like "Hostel" (and during them too) but "Serbian Film" is truly disturbing to me and sick as well. Of course, this makes some people want to see it even more because of all these warnings/cautions about it. It's just a very disturbing film all around and I hope it's never released on DVD/blu-ray for mass consumption for people as it's a film that just shouldn't be seen.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i am very desensitised and a lot of films that are shocking i will find more than likely distasteful, pandering or just disgusting. disturbing though? the examples that spring to mind for me are all very similar, if its a dude brutally harming a woman i really have trouble watching it. I suppose that might sound a little sexist of me, but it just ,to be specific, disturbs me in a way i cant quite quantify.
    One of i think takeshi miikes films has a man torture a woman in a similar way to a woman torturing a man in audition. but the woman putting needles in a mans eyes didnt bug me, but a man putting needles in a womans gums and under her nails made me look away from the screen. it really bugged me.

Like i said, reading it back that sounds kind of sexist but that kind of sheer brutal violence a man imparts on a woman in those scenes really, really creeps me the fuck out worse than any gore.

England
    I've heard about that Serbian film and its not something I ever want to see, even reading about the plot turned my stomach. I cant for the life of me think of why anyone would make a film like that, its not even art, its just sick. I'm sure theres probably a market for it though & some freak will be cracking one out over it

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Threads.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A friend gave me 'IRREVERSIBLE' for my birthday a few years ago but I've been to afraid to watch it because, as JP put it, once you see something, you can never unsee it again. Two of my friends pester me to watch it, constantly, so I'm sure I'll give in one drunken night.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Threads.
    I just watched that after you posted and your not wrong (I had to google what it was about first to make sure I wasnt going to find some horrible snuff film or something), I think all world leaders should be forced to watch that when they are elected to make damn sure they know the consequences of their squabbles with other nuclear powers. That film "The road" could almost be a follow on from this. Bleak, depressing, grim & frightening.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Um... I don't know... I guess I'm lucky, since the only thing that comes to mind is The Ring.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    A friend gave me 'IRREVERSIBLE' for my birthday a few years ago but I've been to afraid to watch it because, as JP put it, once you see something, you can never unsee it again. Two of my friends pester me to watch it, constantly, so I'm sure I'll give in one drunken night.
    i believe thats called the "two girls one cup category"

...i wish i could remember the barf emoticon.

Ireland
    When I first saw 'Threads' in 1984 on the BBC, I was very disturbed. It's a very sobering view on nuclear warfare. However, I own it now on DVD and give it a spin every so often. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

The same cannot be said for 'A Serbian Film' though.

For 'Irreversible', the violence can be hard hitting, but there is only one scene in the film that can be really called disturbing and it goes on for quite a long time.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    For 'Irreversible', the violence can be hard hitting, but there is only one scene in the film that can be really called disturbing and it goes on for quite a long time.
    That exact scene is why I'm extremely hesitant to ever watch it.

United States
    Irreversable is a fantastic piece of cinema. Great acting, pacing stoy and camerwork. The "Sceen" in question is brutal, and clocks in at 9min long. It is still a fantastic film that I would reccomend to anyone.

United States
    Aftermath. . . . .Just disgusting. Even though the corpses look a bit rubbery and fake. . . bloody necrophilia is not my bag.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."