Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMC to have "The Walking Dead" chat show?

England
    This was just ok. They made the mistake of having a comedian on as a guest so most of the time was spent cracking jokes. No need. Thats what Chris Hardwick does. If they stick to having genre people on and production people then it will be quite good.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    This was just ok. They made the mistake of having a comedian on as a guest so most of the time was spent cracking jokes. No need. Thats what Chris Hardwick does. If they stick to having genre people on and production people then it will be quite good.
    As soon as I heard there was going to be a comedian on, I avoided the show.

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I agree, pretty much just ok. I do think the mistake was having Oswalt on also. I dont mind him but his presence made the others (except for Kirkman) constantly try to one up each other with jokes. Hardwick himself can keep the tone light with humorous quips, an extra comedian just made it a yuck fest.

That being said I will watch at least a couple more times to see if it evens out, and I quite enjoyed the concept of Kirkman taking questions, especially as he addressed one of my problems with the show (why didnt the walkers smell them under the cars when the first season made a point of them using smell)

England
    Finally got round to watching the post "Secrets" show and it was really good with Kevin Smith and some random comedian. Both were obviously fans so it made all the difference.
    Next week is Kirkman, Nicotero and Reedus. A must watch.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Where are people watching this who aren't in the UK? Is it on YouTube or something?

England
    An hour long show tonight instead of the usual 30mins

-- -------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Gregs such a legend. I love the man (in a non gay way of course). Took him about 10 seconds to mention Dawn and of course give props to Uncle George, Savini and co for his success.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dave Navarro is a moron and exactly the kind of "fan" that should be watching Resident Evil instead of TWD. He obviously has no idea what this show is about and was actually fairly rude to Mazarra.

The more I hear from Mazarra(when he's not being interupted by a trannie like Navarro), the more I like him. I'm starting to really have faith in the guy and he seems to know what he's doing with TWD.
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Feb-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Dave Navarro is a moron and exactly the kind of "fan" that should be watching Resident Evil instead of TWD.
    Dude, when I saw someone posted in this thread I came in here to say the exact same thing Navarro was basically putting in a plea for less dialogue, more mindless zombie action and gag-kills. Not what TWD is about. Yeah, the show could work on its pacing, but....oh, man...talk about giving me a headache.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Dude, when I saw someone posted in this thread I came in here to say the exact same thing Navarro was basically putting in a plea for less dialogue, more mindless zombie action and gag-kills. Not what TWD is about. Yeah, the show could work on its pacing, but....oh, man...talk about giving me a headache.
    I'll have to give this Talking Dead a looksee once I see the actual TWD episode on Friday ... this Dave Navarro sounds like he's got no idea. It's folk like him that mean we keep getting garbage like Yawn04.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Dave Navarro is a moron.
    indeed he is and a massive one at that. come to think of it, you are onto something with the bit about him looking like a trannie.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    He may be a 'moron' but he did play this;

Now that's one amazing song. Jane's addiction will get youngsters rocks off long after most of us are old and gone.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Jane's addiction will get youngsters rocks off long after most of us are old and gone.
    Oh, no argument from me. My fav version of Jane Says is a live version he performed on (not the original 'live' version from the album it first appeared on).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I don't know. Dude looked like he's waaaay way way too into himself. Too many image accessories for me to take him seriously about anything he says.
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    I don't know. Dude looked like he's waaaay way way too into himself. Too many image accessories for me to take him seriously about anything he says.
    You are right. But I was referring to the one thing the guy will be remembered for/does extremely well = play lead guitar in Jane's addiction.
    Really loved that band back in the day. Jane's addiction, Nothing's shocking and Ritual de lo habitual are still awesome records! do check 'em out.
    Last edited by krisvds; 17-Feb-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post

Now that's one amazing song. Jane's addiction will get youngsters rocks off long after most of us are old and gone.
    i'm solid gen X (1970) and jane's addiction never did much for me even back in the day. mountain song and jane says (which is an amazing song) are about the limit of my interest in them. other than that....meh

besides, all of this has been decided already, we just can't experience it. basic physics: if space and time are the same thing and all of space exists now, then all of time does too. the past, future, present- none mean anything really because all are happening right now. sorry getting geeky.

besides, two years or less from now an experiment at cal tech (which is underway now) will confirm or deny whether the nature of the universe follows the holographic principle of mathematics. if it does, then who gives a shit about anything because you, me, my cat, the tree in my backyard are simply holographic projects from the edge of the universe.

i'll give you time to smoke a bowl and think that one over before we pass on to quantum state immortality and the pixelated nature of the universe which might mean we are all living inside a giant quantum computer a million or so years in our own future.

we will pass over the the fact that our brains determine reality not the world. the double slit experiment has proved that over and over again.
    Last edited by Mike70; 18-Feb-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: f
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."