Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMC to have "The Walking Dead" chat show?

Super Moderator

UK
    I just watched The Talking Dead for 2x08 and yep, while Dave 'has a lot of flair' Navaro started out okay very briefly, he quickly descended into facepalm territory. "I've invested 14 hours of my life into this show" ... oooooh, wow, just over half a day - such an investment, therefore yes, you've earned the right for the makers to go completely against what The Walking Dead is all about and just chuck a load of zombies in there.

When he had to ask Chris Hardwick "he's the one with the RV, right?" in concern to Dale, I literally face palmed - literally - how you've got to this point and still don't know which one Dale is, for crying out loud man. If you're so into the show, you'd know which one was Dale! I'm terrible with names, but I know all of the names of the people on the show - I even know all the actor's names!

Moaning about there 'not being enough zombies' was just ... *sigh* ... is what it was. There were zombies in the episode, every episode has zombies in it, but for there to just be a load of zombie killing tossed in then that's just stupid. It wouldn't make any sense, and as Mazzara quite rightly pointed out in a recent article, 2x08 is immediately after the massacre (on the same day to boot), so you'd not go from one massacre to another in a couple of hours. Plus you've got so many character beats to deal with, there isn't the time nor the context to insert random zombie killing - indeed, if they actually did that, Navaro and other such muppets who keep bleatering on about 'not enough kills, yo!' would then whinge about there not being enough meaning.

The Walking Dead is all about the characters, and like any good zombie media, the undead aren't the main focus. It's always the tat that's made by 1) idiots, or 2) people who know nothing about the zombie genre, that is just a load of old flesh-grinding and it's utterly meaningless. In 2x08 you've got a hell of a lot of fallout to deal with.

Also - he goes on about 2x01 - 2x07 being "last season" repeatedly ... no, that's part one of season two, you dope. I'm not surprised Mazzara looked and sounded a bit miffed/irked by the guy ... even Hardwick seemed a tad "erm" about Navaro's ill-considered moaning. The rather sarcastic comment about 'having another bed-ridden character for a season' seemed to be particularly rude (I got the vibe that Mazzara was actually quite offended by that comment) ... besides it's stupid anyway - those episodes take place over one week, for Carl to recover from a gunshot in a few days is remarkable even.

The dude also seemed rather disinterested whenever someone else was talking - staring off away from the set, and then before the show was even finished he'd fished his phone out of his poncy trousers and was fiddling with it.

The next one should be good - Stephen Yeun and Paget Brewster ... hopefully she'll talk much more sense.

/rant

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

The next one should be good - Stephen Yeun and Paget Brewster ... hopefully she'll talk much more sense.
    Yeah, I taped it to watch later this week. I was psyched because I like Paget Brewster from CSI--love that show--and I was hoping she'd surprise me with her take on this little slice of the zombie genre.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Scott Wilson's on tonight
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA