Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z - Set video shows running zombies?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    true, running zombies do not a bad film make, nor do slow ones mean its remotely anything but dogshit. Take the film how it goes before getting full on buttmad and throwing a defcon five fanboy wobbler.
    Pulling you up on this. It's not a fanboy wobbler, it's a FACT that the source material had shamblers, and a FACT that 75-80% of the events in the book would NOT WORK with runners. Like I said, runners work in the right scenario, and are in some ways more frightening than shamblers, but in this case it's going to ruin what could have been a masterpiece.
    Kill 'em All

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You guys need to seriously get over the fact the zombies run. If you want to even see more zombie related product you better support these films.
    No, I won't. And it's fine with me if they stop making ALL zombie movies all together if this is what they consider "zombie films" these days. I'd rather have nothing new being made as opposed to continued shit. In fact, I'd rather have Hollywood make 5 GOOD films every year only as opposed to 95% crap and 5% good. The point is, to me at least, those of us who are for traditional zombies don't want to see continued zombie films being made if this is how they want to make them. And I'll be damned before I support more crap in hopes that they make more crap based upon it being a "success".

As far as the issue of "Land" it didn't have anything to do with the fact there were shamblers as opposed to running shrieking superhuman 'zombies' in it. It had to do with the fact the film SUCKED. A film with shambling zombies can be just as menacing and terrifying as running shrieking superhuman 'zombies' if it has a good story and character development. "The Walking Dead" is a great example of this (I don't recall a running zombie in ep. #2 personally but the comparison is basically like saying there were running zombies in NOTLD based upon Bill Hinzman's ghoul being a bit faster).

We zombie fans are not the only people who feel this way. Look at what has been done to vampire films with shit like "Twilight". I'm sure there are thousands of vampire fans who would rather never see another vampire film made again as opposed to seeing the mockery of vampires these days. And just imagine how vampires themselves feel! Surely they must be enraged at the state of films depicting them today! I could definitely see the vampires possibly going out on a rampage of murderous rage based upon the sissified pussies they have been made into in the recent decade or so.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 07-Sep-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: aye
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If panties are getting this bunched up over spy videos from the set, I absolutely can't wait to see the fanboy sh*t storm when the trailer is released...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And, of course, let's just re-state the truth - 28 Days Later didn't feature zombies ...
    Who said they did?

*looks around the room suspiciously*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

But if they star roaring like Godzilla, and their eyes change (contacts) straight away, I will not go!
    or if they start sticking to ceilings, moving like they are in a benny hill skit, and jumping 30ft onto concrete like it is nothing...

-- -------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

If panties are getting this bunched up over spy videos from the set, I absolutely can't wait to see the fanboy sh*t storm when the trailer is released...
    me neither. warm up the popcorn because this shit is going to get emotional.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    It would not surprise me one bit if the plot is changed to the point where the "zombie plague" is blamed on middle eastern terrorists and the Israelis are the saviors of the world while everyone else is made to look like idiots. Like I said, this movie is just Pitt's excuse to make his version of Inglorious Basterds but with zombies.

I don't know if this guy is telling the truth, but here is what geffers262 said on the WWZ discussion on imdb:

"Also I do know that it takes 8 seconds from when your bit to when you change, the assistant director told us all that."

Zombie Andromeda Strain anyone?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    Pulling you up on this. It's not a fanboy wobbler, it's a FACT that the source material had shamblers, and a FACT that 75-80% of the events in the book would NOT WORK with runners. Like I said, runners work in the right scenario, and are in some ways more frightening than shamblers, but in this case it's going to ruin what could have been a masterpiece.
    It's going to be a fascinating to see how it all pans out. And how good/bad the result is!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Who said they did?

*looks around the room suspiciously*

Zack Snyder, Ruben Fleischer, Yann Demange (director of Dead Set) off the top of my head ... but I've heard it said so many goddamned times that it's one of my Top Ten All Time Pet Peeves ... not that I've particularly constructed a list, but it'd easily be in a potential Top Ten ... along with people interrupting you while you're answering their question, and morons who drive around in the day with their fucking lights on.

/rant

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    It'll either be something to laugh at and dismiss, but keep around for shits and giggles, like Return, or... Yeah, I'm really hoping it's that one. I don't want to buy the DVD just for the cover art.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    all this time I was holding on for a shambler movie.

Didn't see this vid until today. What a load of shite.

Running zombies are indicative of a generation of movie goers who want their horror served up to them quickly, and with athletic ability.

There's no time to indulge fast zombies. No time to revel in the horror of long dead humanity. Let's just kill everyone super quick, cos like, we watch MTV and all these films are about is setting up idiots to get killed.

As with everything these days, I'll wait til someone here is stupid enough to fork out on seeing this before entertaining it. Running zombies are the worst movie "bad guy" to emerge in movies. A terrible, lazy swipe at a genre renowned for slow, lingering horror...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    and morons who drive around in the day with their fucking lights on.
    I don't know if it's the same over there but many cars in the states have day time running lights. There's really nothing you can do about it - They're always on. I've got a truck with this feature. I believe the wife's car is the same.

Anyway.....as I've said before, I'm still giving this movie a chance even though I'm not the biggest fan of runners. I've come to realize that you cant judge a movie by it's trailer and you damn sure can't judge it by spy photos/videos! I remember spy photos from Batman Begins. "The Tumbler looks like a big f*ckin tank! Batman can't drive a tank! He needs a slick, fast car!". Well.....it made perfect sense within the realm of the film, didn't it?

People are b*tching and moaning now but given the director's previous work, the large budget, and the players at hand.....I've got a feeling that at the very least we'll get a decent action flick like Dawn04. Considering most garbage that comes from this genre, I would say that's a pretty sweet deal.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Sep-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    let's just re-state the truth - 28 Days Later didn't feature zombies ...
    Of course they were zombies...oh, did you mean the original definition? You're right in that respect, at least. There was no voodoo involved.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United Kingdom
    I've got a feeling that at the very least we'll get a decent action flick like Dawn04. Considering most garbage that comes from this genre, I would say that's a pretty sweet deal.
    Maybe for the causal modern action/horror movie fan, but come on, World War Z is the zombie-literature equivalent of the original Day Of The Dead, there's plenty of action films coming out that might be decent. I never, ever bitch about a film before I watch it, I'm (usually) a believer in making my own mind up, but this film doesn't look like it's going to by anywhere NEAR as good, or the same, as the book.

However, if they made a sequel to Dawn '05, with running squealing zombies, I'd be well up for it, it would probably be entertaining.
    Kill 'em All

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    28 days later didn't feature zombies. No death occurs before they are taken over by the virus - and the virus only affects living people, not dead ones. So no, they're not zombies. They keep all their abilities including blood flow and organ usage and can be killed in a normal way - ie: stabbing. They're NOT zombies. The movies do not deal with the idea of denial when someone gets infected, it doesn't deal with death whatsoever and the infected do not show any signs of decomposition - only starvation.

These things are no closer to zombies than zombies are to vampires.

Just thought I'd clear that up.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 08-Sep-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: qwe
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh god....not this argument again.

I agree that they aren't really zombies, but now you've opened a can of worms. It's only a matter of time before someone whips out the picture of the rage-infected victim running around with a hole through it's chest....