Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Max Payne 3 (video game)

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^

Oh yeah, I meant to post this.

Anyway - looks alright ... two things:

1) Cool that they're (apparently, so I've heard) using the face of the guy who has done the voice the whole time.

2) With the release date I do wonder if May 2012 is at all likely for GTA V ... it was like when Bulletstorm was going to be released 1 or 2 months ahead of Gears of War 3 - the latter release was shifted to the 'holiday season'. I wouldn't be surprised if GTA V was shifted to October time (the traditional release slot of the franchise, before GTA IV had to be delayed six months) to provide breathing room for this release.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    reason why im still wary of it: the man with nothing to lose runs away from his problems and goes to south america to go to seed. thats not max payne.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    http://www.t3.com/news/max-payne-3-u...ed-by-rockstar

Due out May 18th!

UPDATE: May 15 in the United States, and May 18 internationally (while the PC edition is expected on May 29 in the US and on June 1 in other countries).
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEaS8Si2P90&feature=g-u&context=G2f31992FUAAAAAAAAAA

A new design & tech featurette.

I wonder if they'll have a 'recoverable health' option - more akin to relatively recent games - in addition to the classic 'pill popping' health recovery of Max Payne 1 and 2.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Yes yes yeees yeeeeess ooohhhhhh yyyyyyeeeeeessss

OMG yes!

Recoverable health? No!!!!!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Yes yes yeees yeeeeess ooohhhhhh yyyyyyeeeeeessss

OMG yes!

Recoverable health? No!!!!!
    I think Neil just Randy Marshed up in this forum.

I think there should be a recoverable health option - because it's no more daft than popping pills or injecting yourself with adrenaline (Bad Company), and you know what, I'm so fed up of applying health packs - it was good how in Bad Company 2 they got rid of the incessant adrenaline kicks to boost your health, so I think they should have an option for both preferences, personally.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I think Neil just Randy Marshed up in this forum.

I think there should be a recoverable health option - because it's no more daft than popping pills or injecting yourself with adrenaline (Bad Company), and you know what, I'm so fed up of applying health packs - it was good how in Bad Company 2 they got rid of the incessant adrenaline kicks to boost your health, so I think they should have an option for both preferences, personally.
    Suppose maybe if it was tied into a skill level? ie: Easy = life regens... Hard = doesn't ?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Suppose maybe if it was tied into a skill level? ie: Easy = life regens... Hard = doesn't ?
    Perhaps, or just a simple option in the options menu that you can switch one way or the other. Health Packs/Pills/Adrenaline/whatever are just a faff to me ... regenerating health is no less realistic and less of a faff - personally speaking at least.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Perhaps, or just a simple option in the options menu that you can switch one way or the other. Health Packs/Pills/Adrenaline/whatever are just a faff to me ... regenerating health is no less realistic and less of a faff - personally speaking at least.
    Agreed!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Finally we get a bit of info on the story...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGDnNT0Wmwo&hd=1

Administrator

England
    Behold the PC image quality!

-Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Looks rather fancy ... still going to wait a while before I get this game, though.

Edit - just noticed this is my 17,777th post.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Feb-2012 at 04:22 PM.