Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Syndicate reboot (video game)

Administrator

England
    Demo (Xbox & PS3) out - http://www.ea.com/syndicate/1/demo

Thoughts?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    No PC?

United States
    The original Syndicate will be on GOG.com (Good old games) this Thursday

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/syndicate

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    No PC?
    Later this month I think!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    After playing the demo for a couple days, I'm pretty damn impressed.

To me, it feels like a slower, more methodical Left 4 Dead with a hell of a lot more upgrade options. Even after tackling the same level a dozen times or more, it's still a challenge each runthrough, which is probably my favorite aspect. The weapons feel meaty and powerful, and apparently Starbreeze is using the same sound design as heard in Battlefield 3.

My main gripe is that I don't think many players realize that healing your teammates is the key to victory, as I've been in a down-but-not-out state while my squad ignore me more than a handful of times.

I had no interest or any real knowledge of this game before the demo, but it's now on my must-buy list. I'd figured it was going to be another by the numbers shooter. Highly recommended if you're looking for a FPS with a few cool twists.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 02-Feb-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: derp!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    After playing the demo for a couple days, I'm pretty damn impressed.

To me, it feels like a slower, more methodical Left 4 Dead with a hell of a lot more upgrade options. Even after tackling the same level a dozen times or more, it's still a challenge each runthrough, which is probably my favorite aspect. The weapons feel meaty and powerful, and apparently Starbreeze is using the same sound design as heard in Battlefield 3.

My main gripe is that I don't think many players realize that healing your teammates is the key to victory, as I've been in a down-but-not-out state while my squad ignore me more than a handful of times.

I had no interest or any real knowledge of this game before the demo, but it's now on my must-buy list. I'd figured it was going to be another by the numbers shooter. Highly recommended if you're looking for a FPS with a few cool twists.
    So the basic gameplay is 4 people vs an AI controlled level? Like campaign mode in Left 4 Dead?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Yeah, at least from the level I played. I think there is a singleplayer campaign, too.

There are a few miniboss-like sergeants sprinkled throughout the level, which have extra shields and pursue you and your team more aggressively. At the end of the stage you have to beat a guy equipped with a minigun. What makes it fun though is trying to distract him while your team hacks his shields, or vice versa. Makes for some very dynamic, challenging gameplay.

Administrator

England
    Reviews seem to suggest mediocre - http://www.destructoid.com/review-sy...e-222216.phtml
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    It's sitting at 75 on metacritic, isn't that generally considered good?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

Giant Bomb even gave it a 5/5.