Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syndicate reboot (video game)

Administrator

England

Syndicate reboot (video game)

Wasn't the original an isometric strategy game? Wasn't that part of why it was successful?

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/62...Again-XCOM-2-0

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Yes and yes.

Making this an FPS will destroy the whole idea. This is a "God" game first and foremost. Your supposed to build up your syndicate into the most powerful. This is like making 'Napoleon: Total War' into an FPS.

Pity Bullfrog are no more. They were great at putting out games like this. Used to do a bit of testing for them back in the 90's.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Yes and yes.

Making this an FPS will destroy the whole idea. This is a "God" game first and foremost. Your supposed to build up your syndicate into the most powerful. This is like making 'Napoleon: Total War' into an FPS.

Pity Bullfrog are no more. They were great at putting out games like this. Used to do a bit of testing for them back in the 90's.
    As a FPS it's a totally different concept!? Shame!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    They did the same thing to the Fallout and X-Com franchises.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Ireland
    At least Fallout worked as an first person adventure game though.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Wouldnt an FPS of Syndicate just be Deus Ex?
    I loved the original game though, I first played it on a friends Amiga & then got it on my Atari Jaguar, spent a long time on it! I liked how you could upgrade your cyborgs & use cool weapons like the Gauss gun & laser, Syndicate Wars was good as well, I've still got that on my PS1 & play it from time to time.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    At least Fallout worked as an first person adventure game though.
    To be fair, we don't know that this won't.

I might be, for example, an RTS where you can deploy units and then move in and actually play as one of them. Or it might simply place you within the same world as the RTS. World of Warcraft did something similar and now WoW is more popular and better regarded than the series from which it came.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 20-Sep-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I hope they keep the squad-management stuff and getting to invest in your syndicate. As for it being a FPS, I don't mind really. Just keep it gritty and cyberpunkish. And the squad gameplay.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post

I might be, for example, an RTS where you can deploy units and then move in and actually play as one of them. Or it might simply place you within the same world as the RTS. World of Warcraft did something similar and now WoW is more popular and better regarded than the series from which it came.
    Aye, that's true. But, the concept for the two games are very different. I think Fallout lent itself to an FPS/advernture type setting. Syndicate was essentially a management game.

Although, it might still work. Who knows.

What would have been great though is if they'd just remade the same game, with todays graphic standards.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post

Yes, if you have very good AI units you can control and give commands to while pausing the game for example, it might sort of capture some of the elements of the original. So there is still some hope!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    More footage from this game that's called itself Syndicate, although it's nothing like Syndicate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWI53Q5Uwbk
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Why all the hate, Neil? I think it looks cool and apart from the fact that it's FPS it seems like it's rooted in the Syndicate universe.