Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 'I LOVE ....' Thread

Super Moderator

UK
    I also love a good thunder and lightening storm ... not so much the inevitable powercuts in our area as a result, though.

I love driving home after midnight on roads that are practically empty, especially on a mild summer's night, and just enjoying the feeling of having the road all to myself in the middle of the night.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I love driving home after midnight on roads that are practically empty, especially on a mild summer's night, and just enjoying the feeling of having the road all to myself in the middle of the night.
    that's a great one too. i used to love traveling by night on the interstates back when i used to get about the country quite a bit and wander around.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I also love a good thunder and lightening storm
    ^^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    ^^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman
    I love having a good fire while its snowing out.
    ^^ and this.

...and my wife.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 15-Sep-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: fire! fire! fire!

United States
    I love the first feel of a cool Autumn breeze on my skin after a hot summer.
    I love Chips Ahoy Cookies and milk.
    I love being able to sleep until I don't want to anymore.
    I love my family.
    I love making my daughter laugh. . . .it's that laugh that I live for.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love Fridays.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I love Fridays.

I'll second this.

Super Moderator

United States
    I love the stars in a sky unburdened by city lights, leaving the milkyway ablaze over a peaceful mountain lake!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I love the stars in a sky unburdened by city lights, leaving the milkyway ablaze over a peaceful mountain lake!
    I know what you mean. When I was at uni and living in a city, I really missed seeing the stars up in the sky - all you could see was black and then the orange glow of the nearby city, which just looks kind of naff and sickly. However I live in a rural area so there's no problem seeing stars on a clear night, and it always boggles my mind when I look up at them ... that sort of view, in the context of the mountain lake, must be wonderful.

Speaking of such things, I'd really quite like to see the Northern Lights one day ... that must be quite a sight.

United States
    I love being in the mountains. There's just something about it. The wife and I spent a week in western North carolina (near Boone, Blowing Rock and Asheville, right around those areas) and it was just wonderful. The air smelled cleaner, the views were spectacular, and the people were so nice.. I also now understand why the call them the "Blue Ridge Mountains" because, well, here's a picture I took on the Blue Ridge Parkway that will make it clear:

I'd retire there in a heartbeat. Who knows, maybe I will.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I love lying in the grass on a clear spring night, looking up into the stars and feeling consumed by the scale of it all.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 20-Sep-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I love lamp.

Ireland
    Beer, Pizza.

But, not necessarily in that order.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I love having a good shite.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I love having a good shite.

Gotta agree, mind.

United States
    I love selling people on something... for example... this neighbor of mine who's 28 and totally sheltered... I love that I sold her on watching the Walking Dead because its a lovestory (she needs to stop watching Twilight its never gonna happen for her)

I love the smell of the ocean in the air (not that ocean smell where raw sewage leaked into the habor but like in Big Sur which is relatively undeveloped there's just this fresh salty clean smell its invigorating I feel like it gives me an extra year to live for every hour I breathe it in)

I love when I find out someone really knows me... like I try to play it cold and on the edge with everyone because my life is nothing short of hectic and out there but then you find someone says something to you or gives you something and you realize you somehow in the mix of it all let them get to know some deeper part and they cared enough to not only go there but to show you that... thats love baby

I love the sound Loons make and the way it echoes over the water... and the sound of the waves from the lake as they crash and break against the dock...

I love the sounds of the mast and the ropes clanging against the boom of sailboats...

I love when its cold out and its late at night and the sheets and towels are hot and fresh from the dryer so you go to bed all warm and cozy...

I love when you're in the car and tired of hearing MP3's and turn on the radio and there's something so random from 10+ years ago and you're like damn I miss the 90s... it takes you back and you remember memories of where you heard the song, what you wore back then, and who your friends were... its like a random time cap. thats released
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html