Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What clothing do you prefer wearing?

United States

What clothing do you prefer wearing?

I can't speak for others here, but my personal most favorite outfit to wear is what I've heard colloquially referred to as the Texas Business suit. A pair of Wrangler jeans, a button up collar shirt, and a comfortable sport's jacket. At work I usually wear black slacks and a button up collar shirt (they don't let us wear jeans except Fridays) and sometimes a jacket with it, but if I'm off I'm wearing my jeans with my sport's jacket. I almost feel naked without it. And a good fedora or cowboy hat is the icing on top! I figure if it's good enough for Jock Ewing (and man, he had the ultimate taste in my opinion!), by God it's good enough for me.

What's interesting is that my dad is literally the complete opposite from me in his clothing. He refuses to wear shirts with long sleeves (I won't wear shirts with short sleeves) and he prefers to wear shorts all year round no matter how cold it is (I won't wear shorts at all, ever, in public). So, we almost always stand in contrast whenever we go out anywhere. Dad thinks a Type-A undershirt (also known as "wife beaters") is perfectly acceptable to wear in public or anywhere with a pair of shorts with it. It used to bug me but I just shrug my shoulders, if he's comfortable with what he's wearing so be it. He says the same thing to me about wearing a jacket out in 80 degree heat, and to which I just shrug my shoulders and say I'd feel uncomfortable without it.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im known for my penchant for 'hipster bullshit' flannel shirts and jackets and them smurf looking beanie hats. That and ive been wearing chuck taylor converse all star sneakers since i was like 8 years old, tried trainers and skate shoes for a few days but aint nothing compares to the most comfortable damn shoe Massachusetts has been producing for 90 years now.

United States
    I dress differently at work (much neater and more dressed up - kind of business casual if that makes sense - everything but the tie) than I do when I'm at home or just wearing my "street clothes" but typically... I'm a black or blue jeans, t-shirt, white crew socks and black tennis shoes kinda person.

Drives my wife nuts (she'd prefer me to wear button down shirts, dress pants, a belt, jacket, dress shoes, etc. most of the time) but too bad, I is who I is.

Or something like that.

England
    Suited and booted for work.
    Im not a fashion guy so very casual. Jeans, nice shirt or t-shirt, trainers and a fleece if its chilly. At home its always jogging bottoms and a t-shirt.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As Kid mentioned, suited and booted for work, but at home I prefer t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. Outside of work i'm always wearing movie or music t-shirts. Unless we're going out on a special occasion, of course.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I dress like a slob. Watch just about any punk or thrash video from the 80's and you'll get the idea.

United States
    Mens...

Wait, who am I kidding.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

UK
    Clown outfits ... I walk around people's back gardens amongst their washing and creepily appear and disappear when they look at me.

Seriously though, I don't go in for branded clothing - I got a suede jacket for uni and I had no idea who or what the brand was, and a buddy from home remarked at "blimey - that's a [INSERT BRAND NAME]" and I was like "Is it? Is that good?" - stores like Top Man and all that horseshit creeps me out.

My clothing style is utilitarian ... I do like converse shoes/trainers, but not branded stuff. I wear jeans all the time - usually black - white all-purpose non-branded socks, and I like wearing t-shirts that have bands or TV shows or movies that I like on them (that's my version of branding - I'd much rather wear a Last House on the Left t-shirt or a White Zombie t-shirt than something with "BENCH" stamped all over it or something like that ... or one of those stupid-as-fuck random phrases you find on Top Man t-shirts).

In the summer I wear those 3/4 shorts when it's warm enough and shirts (oftentimes black) over the t-shirts (also oftentimes black, or dark blue), and in the winter it's often a combo of t-shirt/long-sleeved t-shirt/hoody (either pullover or zipped). The last couple of years have gotten much colder in winter, so it's a three layer deal in these wintry days.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Sep-2011 at 09:56 AM.

United States
    Whatever's clean, and as little as possible. Currently wearing a blue flannel long sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts. Not planning on getting dressed until right before I go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Chiefs and get salmonella from undercooked wingies. Then it's all Chiefs' gear and jeans, gotta represent.
    Otherwise it's concert tees and shorts.
    Now excuse me while I go punch myself in the testicles for posting on a fashion thread in a living dead forum...
    Just assuring everyone that I have no sense thereof.
    Now were I rich I'd wear nothing but leather and snakeskin. And spiky metal...
    Maybe a little chainmail thrown in there.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Holey jeans. Hardly ever wear shorts or 'dress' clothes. T-shirts for life. I alternate my shoes between Nike jogging/running shoes (for when I was in training to go into the army, and now in case of zombie plague), skate shoes, and old Chucks from my uncle (three pairs, because he's just rad like that). Also my uncle's old leather jacket sometimes (it's a little big on me). Oh, and hats. And my necklace my girlfriend got me. Never take it off. Yep, band shirts, and... random stuff.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    bunch of fuckin' metrosexuals!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    bunch of fuckin' metrosexuals!

England
    Mostly fashionable stuff for me, mostly branded (but not particularly with large names across the front etc), it harks back to my school days when anyone who wore shit cheap clothes had their life made hell by the kids who wore what was considered "decent", I was on the receiving end of a fair bit of bullying for that so as soon as I started earning my own money I had to own decent clothes and I'm still the same now. Its mostly jeans & T-shirts, but I do wear a few band T-shirts that I've bought at gigs, or bought from the "Amplified" label which are cool. I'm vain anyway which also harks back to my school days when I got picked on for being ugly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Seriously though, I don't go in for branded clothing - I got a suede jacket for uni and I had no idea who or what the brand was, and a buddy from home remarked at "blimey - that's a [INSERT BRAND NAME]" and I was like "Is it? Is that good?" - stores like Top Man and all that horseshit creeps me out.
    man i hate that shit, i ridiculed a friend who showed up to a christmas party last year in G-STAR-RAW sweatpants or something so bad hes never worn them since. goddamn corporate whore walking billboards.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    man i hate that shit, i ridiculed a friend who showed up to a christmas party last year in G-STAR-RAW sweatpants or something so bad hes never worn them since. goddamn corporate whore walking billboards.
    Although just to clarify, said buddy wasn't ridiculing the jacket - he was rather impressed by it actually - but the brand of jacket meant nothing to me, to me it was (and is) just a nice jacket ... and thinking about it, it's the most expensive piece of clothing I own.

It was like the other Xmas one present was a 'Ted Baker bathroom set' ... and I had no idea who Ted Baker is/was ... that sort of thing means nothing to me. If it does the job you want it to do, if it's comfortable, and if it suits you, then that's all you need.

I think it's a real shame that some people's lives are ruled by logos and branded clothing, or others are bullied into submission (I don't recall any bullying at my high school being based on clothing in terms of branding or lack thereof) ... I think it looks a bit silly walking around with a massive "BENCH" logo or whatever written all the way down one leg, or across your back, or whatever, but at the same time I'm not going to outright shun someone for it because it's just a piece of clothing.

I don't understand how 'fashionistas' (ugh, that's a term that gives me shivers down my spine) can recognise an Armani suit or something like that which only has the logo on the inside. It's just a suit ... as long as it's not got holes in it and as long as it doesn't smell, then what's the big deal?