Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Death of 3D!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    everypony
    Get the f*ck out of my thread with that sh*t.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    It won't affect me at all as I've never gone to a 3D film and don't see the appeal of it at all really. Then again, I'm very old fashioned (as has been pointed out) about most things. .
    preach on. i'm decidedly old fashioned about a great many things. i've always felt 3D was one of those irritating fads/ways to extort money from movie goers. now the whole hoohah with 3D tvs and 3D cameras, etc is getting ridiculous.

i just love how advertising agencies like to try and make one feel that you are less of a person if you don't buy all the latest gadgets. well, fuck me, i don't even use cell phones, so i guess i better break out a top hat and start growing mutton chop sideburns.
    Last edited by Mike70; 28-Sep-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: f
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    It was costing $3 extra to see 3D movies here. Not too many were going anymore so they lowered it to $1. 3D movies are ok, but I usually have to sit right exactly in the middle of the theater to not catch any glare off the lights they have still on in there. I also wear a hat, as it helps shade me a bit.
    I want more concert 3D, but not the crap they've been putting out. Bieber? Miley Cyrus? U2, Rolling Stones?!?!?
    Phooey!!!
    I would like to see some Frank Zappa done up, or some Duran. Hell, they could keep a bunch of different ones on hand and switch them off every showing. Who wouldn't wanna get baked out and catch a trippy concert. My Duran Live in London dvd even already has one song in 3D, why not give the rest the same treatment?

By the way: Moon rocks. Saw it 2-3 times I think?

Ireland
    Last 3D film I saw was 'Jaws 3-D'.

and that was shite.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    no interest at all in the 3d bullshit, so hopefully this trend dies off. followed quickly with the death of the non-stop remakes/reboots/prequels/re-imaginings/name-rapes fad.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    yep. as in miss this single showing in the smallest screen this once and never see it in a cinema because we are only showing it in 5 cineworlds across england...

for the record: totally fucking worth it, bowie jr done good.
    Blimey. That's properly idiotic. Even my multiplex showed it more than that ... it had a few showings over a week, if I remember correctly, but I couldn't get anyone to come along with me - and going to the cinema on your own is awkward and weird ... I've only gone to the cinema on my own once and yeah, nobody likes it when you talk to yourself through the adverts before the movie comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    In Sweden, they're free and a one-time thing. You pick new ones up before each showing and throw them away afterwards. What a fucking waste.

As for 3D, I've begun to grow pretty tired of it. Last film I saw in 3D was Capt. America and I hardly noticed the effects. Why even put it in 3D if that's the case?
    I saw Captain America in 2D, after being twisted into seeing Thor in 3D (the 3D in that was shite, by the way) ... anyway, watching it in 2D there was about two shots and then the end credits that looked like they were designed for 3D, everything else looked just dandy in 2D.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Get the f*ck out of my thread with that sh*t.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like others, I've never seen a film in 3D. I don't think a single 3D movie has even come out that interested me. I really don't see the appeal of concerts shot in 3D, either...

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Relevant! I've seen Jackass 3-D alone! In... 3D... Yeah, no point to that. Waste of money. Partially because if you've seen the first Jackass, you really don't need to bother with the sequels, and yeah... Green Lantern looked like shit without 3D. I would've hated to see it with that in place...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    3D is still a gimmick, it doesn't add anything worthwhile or long-lasting.
    This. 3D was just a huge waste of time and effort as far as I'm concerned. Never bothered to see any recent movies in 3D only because the ones I have seen haven't been that impressive. Besides, once they decide they're going to do a movie in 3D, they have to throw in a bunch of useless gimmicks - like someone pointing something at the screen just to give an extreme 3D effect - that takes you out of the flick and wondering "why was that shot necessary?!"

The death of 3D? GOOD. Bring it on.

Now if we could just kill the bullshit, useless remakes I would be a happy camper.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Like others, I've never seen a film in 3D. I don't think a single 3D movie has even come out that interested me. I really don't see the appeal of concerts shot in 3D, either...
    Only movie i watched in 3 d was avatar and i loved it though i never watched movies in 3d again. I dont think every movie would look good in 3d