Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World War Z - Now they don't have any guns to shoot the zombies!

Aaland
    Firearms are no joke, weapon safety was a big part of army basic training and they drilled safety procedures in your head until the point that it's muscle memory. Even blank rounds could cause damage as stated in the previous posts in this thread. During a field exercise in a mock middle eastern city, when we assaulted and cleared buildings they made it a point to yell "BANG!" when an "insurgent" popped out in close quarters.. Reason being blanks could catch clothing on fire from the muzzle blast if some one gets too close to the barrel of your weapon. I for one would being going ape shit around a movie set of untrained people like a drill sergeant around a bunch of privates. WATCH WHERE YOU POINT THAT WEAPON!! TAKE YOUR FINGER OUT OF THAT TRIGGER WELL!! SAFETY SELECTOR SWITCH ON SAFE UNTIL YOUR READY TO ENGAGE A TARGET!!

Not to mention a lot of the drill sergeants suffered from PTSD which made them even more vigilant around firearms. I seen a lot of them start sweating and trying to control a freak out on the firing range once the rounds starts going off (Bringing back distant memories? I'll never know). Be sure not to sneak behind one with a weapon unknowingly, they may punch you in the face in the heat of the moment. Never seen it happen but some are adamant about that and will let you know verbally.
    Last edited by White_Zombie; 19-Oct-2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: HOOOOOOOOOAH!!

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Incorrect. As I stated before guns where MUCH MORE easily available 30 years ago, yet this type of mass killing carried out by kids was unheard of.

These kids didn't just walk into a local 7-11 and buy the guns, they had to find someone to do a what is called a "strawman sale".
    Compared to other countries, they had an easy access to fire arms. The fact that they could actually GET a Tec-9 in the first places speaks volumes, regardless of the fact that they were too young to go into the local shop and buy it themselves.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Compared to other countries, they had an easy access to fire arms. The fact that they could actually GET a Tec-9 in the first places speaks volumes, regardless of the fact that they were too young to go into the local shop and buy it themselves.
    A Tec-9 is nothing more than a semi-automatic handgun that looks "scary" to those unfamiliar with firearms.

There were NUMEROUS improvised explosive devices that were found in their possession and planted around the school.

48 -- Carbon Dioxide bombs
    27 -- Pipe bombs
    11 -- 1.5 gallon propane bombs
    7 -- gas or napalm bombs
    2 -- 20 pound propane bombs

- source CNN

The 2 psycopaths were going to kill as many people as possible and didn't care how it was going to be done, firearms or not. These explosives would have resulted in many more deaths.

By the way, before Columbine the biggest school mass murder was committed in Bath Township, Michigan in 1927. 38 dead and 58 wounded. There were NO firearms restrictions back then and guns could be easily ordered from the Sears catalog, no questions asked. The method used in this incident was hundreds of pounds of explosives.

Ireland
    Except it was their firearms that did most of their killing. Pipe bombs or no.

It's doubtful if they would have carried out their killing spree, if they hadn't ready access to guns.

United States
    Except it was their firearms that did most of their killing. Pipe bombs or no.

It's doubtful if they would have carried out their killing spree, if they hadn't ready access to guns.
    I was just about to post my comment on this topic, but suddenly realized the irony of your post compared to your HPotD handle/name. Wow! Now I forgot what I wanted to say! lmao
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 20-Oct-2011 at 04:34 AM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Ireland
    What shootemindehead?

That has more to do with my interest in Romero's zombie films, as opposed to an interest in shooting people in the head. :P

United States
    What shootemindehead?

That has more to do with my interest in Romero's zombie films, as opposed to an interest in shooting people in the head. :P
    Yeah I realize that brother. Just thought it quite the hoot, like someone called "beefhunter" arguing against folks who like to eat meat.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 20-Oct-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Undisclosed
    Just show all the people expecting to handle firearms on the set this gun safety video. Works like a charm for me.