So back in the summer I was injured at work. It's a long story, but basically I was working on a contractor basis for a company, as that's how they hire alot of new people, so they don't have to pay as much until they see if they're going to work out before they pay for training, insurance, etc.

Anyway, I was put off of work and my local Manpower office said I could work there until I was released from light duty, however the office is more than 50 miles away and the pain medication I was on precluded me from operating ANY machinery, hence, couldn't drive there.

I asked if they could do something more local, they said no. Long long long story short, I was let go for "attendance" and can't get any workers comp other than my medical bills paid for.

Now I'm not one of those people trying to play the system or get shit for free. I tore the ligaments in my left wrist, workers comp and my local orthopaedic surgeon dragged his drunk ass until I went to WVU in late September and had a cast put on. Now I have to wear the damn thing until November 1st and the doc says there's a better than 70% chance I'll still have to have an operation to stimulate the growth of the ligaments to heal, because my hand will not stay in socket.

Has anyone had dealings with workers comp before? Is this experience typical?