Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gadaffi Killed Or Captured by Libyan Forces

Super Moderator

United States

Gadaffi Killed Or Captured by Libyan Forces

Looks like they've got him. First saying he was wounded and captured and then later saying he had succumbed to his wounds.

The wording of the article also makes it sound like he could have been executed outright, but that could just be the awkward way the writers worded the opening line: "His killing, which came swiftly after his capture."

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Good Deal!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    another dictator bites the dust. looks like they went a bit Mussolini on him.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Best news I have read, since waking up.

Dead

United States
    Doesn't it seem like the whole fuckin world is minutes away from implosion???

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Doesn't it seem like the whole fuckin world is minutes away from implosion???
    yeah. the 21st century seems to be one that is going to be filled with all manner of fun and games. unfortunately, without the gift bags that should go along.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    A certain "middle east peace envoy" and former British prime minister will be weeping alone today due to the loss of such a lucrative friend...
    Good riddance I say, Gaddafi had blood from all over the world on his hands after supplying weapons to the IRA, ordering the Lockerbie bombing, selling arms to Iraqi insurgents, killing his own people etc.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    not saying its bad they got him, but they shoulda learned from their mistake with saddam and just waited

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Ding dong.....

Which o' witch?

The wicked witch!

Bear in mind that the NTC has been involved in some VERY shady events during this time, remind yourselves that the west has a specific interest in Libya. Also remind yourselves that this "revolution" isn't as clear cut as it appears on television.

With all that said...he's gone! Great news for democracy you'd hope. Let's just PRAY Libya doesn't tear itself apart in the proceeding years. Which it will.

As Stauffenberg said in Valkyrie "The painting will be unhung, and the man will be hung"

OK so it's technically "hanged" and yeah, he was shot...but there you go.

At least they didn't have to bother with a 90minute show trial ala Ceaucescu in Romania before taking him outside and executing him.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Ireland
    I think there's many a hypocritical western politician who's delighted that Gadaffi was murdered and they didn't "wait". Here is a man (and a regime) that's been propped up by western "democracies" for decades, right up to a couple of years ago and now, the rats are coming out of the woodwork to gloat over his killing?

It's a fucking joke.

In addition, the head of these so called rebels, Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, has admitted links to Al Qaeda.

But, no doubt the western leaders will be happy that they're in on the ground floor this time, Libya having the largest African oil reserve and all.

Of course, that would have nothing to do with their support for the "rebels", would it.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    and I figured, this time I'll drop you some text on the subject:

The War in Libya is a Fraud: Using Human Rights Organizations To Launch Wars
    http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle29255.htm

Massacre of Blacks in Libya By NATO-backed Rebels Continues As World Watches
    United Nations Says "No Comment" On Ethnic Cleansing Of Black Libyans
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=26643

Witch-hunts in "free" Libya
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=26643

And a youtube for the non-readers....to be fair I didn't get to watch this one but it was posted by a mate. This one concerns the Gaddaffi's plan to introduce an African Gold Dinah as currency...worth watching.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O35_A...&feature=share

NTC admits to attacking women and children:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEvsK...ature=youtu.be

This is another one I haven't had chance to watch:

journalist threatened By Allies Do Not GO AGAINST NATO PROPAGANDA OR BE KILLED
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7d-...&feature=share

-- -------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

So maybe, we can hold off on our rendition of "ding dong the witch is dead"
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 21-Oct-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: more links
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Despite the fact that Gadaffi was an absolute bastard and many people probably died in worse ways to what he did on his orders, after seeing the footage of him when the rebels captured him alive but wounded & the immediate aftermath of his death, I still felt a very human empathy for him at that moment, the guy probably felt a very real fear for the first time in his life at that point and was completely helpless to do anything about it. He deserved it without a doubt, but to actually see him stripped of all his power and dignity and at the hands of a baying mob, its hard not to feel a bit sorry for him for me strangely enough

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Despite the fact that Gadaffi was an absolute bastard and many people probably died in worse ways to what he did on his orders, after seeing the footage of him when the rebels captured him alive but wounded & the immediate aftermath of his death, I still felt a very human empathy for him at that moment, the guy probably felt a very real fear for the first time in his life at that point and was completely helpless to do anything about it. He deserved it without a doubt, but to actually see him stripped of all his power and dignity and at the hands of a baying mob, its hard not to feel a bit sorry for him for me strangely enough
    That simply means that you are a decent human being. I understand exactly what you are talking about. Watching a bunch of savages parade him around was disturbing. Not because you sympathize with his plight, but because you understand that everyone should be treated humanely. Even if they are a scumbag, murderous, snake. That's what separates us from animals.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    He deserved it without a doubt, but to actually see him stripped of all his power and dignity and at the hands of a baying mob, its hard not to feel a bit sorry for him for me strangely enough
    Yeah, I agree. The worrying thing about that was that these guys went to war against a regime to put a stop to that kind of thing and all they've done (well, this group of men at least), is prove that the are no better than the people they've ousted. Makes you wonder in just how many decades will we be sending in the planes to remove this lot... Don't get me wrong I'm hoping for the best but it's not a great start.

Ireland
    It would have been better (not for everyone, of course) to have him alive and answer some of the allegations that he been accused of, even just to find out where the truth lies. Because, the vast majority of the dirt against him IS simple allegation by his enemies, whether we like it or not. There's nothing been proven, but nearly everyone has been primed by successful grooming to believe that this man was the latest Hitler, who kept his people under the yoke of the worse kind of tyranny.

Personally, I doubt that was the case.

I also find it disturbing that these "rebels" and incumbent power brokers, have admitted links to the same organisation that's said to have been responsible for 9/11. In addition, some of their leaders have caled for the introduction of Sharia Law in Libya, where it's influence had been limited to property under Gaddafi. Incidentally, Gaddafi was also instrumental in keeping Al Qaeda influence out of the region and had worked with his neighbours to extend that mission across North Africa.

These "rebels" also stand accused of some appaling conduct, especially against the sub-Saharan members of Libya's population. I stumbled across a video showing a vicious beheading of a "black" Libyan today, that trumps the video of Gaddafi's murder by a long shot.

I also saw footage of Hilary Clinton celebrating and laughing over this man's murder, which I found sickening too.

It's ironic that the west, has now opened the door to the Al Qaeda to guide the political situation in the country and frackly, if al-Hasidi (and his Al Qaeda backed mod) decide to launch a few planes into a western country, then the west will only have itself to blame.

Is Libyan oil really worth it?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....