Thread: Para-Anal Craptivity 3.

United States

Para-Anal Craptivity 3.

Ok, so here's the two reasons I gave my daughter not to make me see this piece of crap.
    1. I'm not scared of ghosties, sorry, I'm just not interested in them at all. This one also adds witches, or some similar craptastic idea. I will say this definitely had a Blair Witch vibe, EXCEPT IT ACTUALLY SORTA PAID OFF. But then again, it didn't...
    2. Ummmm, I've already been raped by the other two movies to give a flying fudgeknuckle. The other night I saw the original SAW on TV. It is quite akin to, sayyyy, the fantastical original Hellraiser, except the sequels just made love to the rotting corpse again, and again, and again, and again, and again...
    Just as this one has, except it's never been a living being.

I swear I must have been in an audience full of the biggest pussies ever. I could've probably robbed the shit out of each and every one of them holding nothing but a can opener. People were gasping when they showed that it was just the first night of taping. I swear if I was ever trapped ANYWHERE with any of these fuckers, I'd use them as fodder for whatever nightmare awaited me.

Yeah, I know, I was tainted against this from the start, but I honestly gave this a chance. No dice. This was just as lame as the other installments. Sure, it catered to whiny pussbags who jump at even the slightest mouse fart from the farthest corner of the room... but still.

Arrrggggghhhhhh, am I needing to cash my gory horror chips in, am I done fer?
    Some people call it "Hey, I wanna rely on my imagination..."
    I call it going on the cheap, money AND ideawise. This one was shot like on an 80's video camera. I swear, all three movies at the theater ended with fans saying, "WTF?!?!?
    I want to spend my money never knowing which end is down and which way is up."

Fools, I say...
    D-.
    Last edited by rongravy; 22-Oct-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: die.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its like im really on the imdb forums!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Mm. I thought this one looked funny from the previews I saw on TV. Not scary... funny. Like, comedic. Maybe the filmmakers realize what they have going here is shit, but shit that can make them money, so they just decided to stop taking it so seriously. I mean... Yeah, did you see the part with Bloody Mary in the trailer? It literally made me laugh, it was so predictable and amusing. Maybe it'll be good this time... Nah, no way. Completely impossible. Anyway, yes, why would they make a third one? The first sucked balls... *sigh* Whatever...

United States
    Personally, I'm looking forward to it. I thought the first two films were excellent and this one also looks excellent to me as well. "The Last Exorcism" was easily the best horror film of last year, in my opinion, but P.A. 2 wasn't too far behind for me as being a 4/5 film with enough jumps/scares/moments of intense things to work perfectly for me.

I guess it just boils down to people who prefer their horror films to include gore and tits and ass and shit blowing up or not - I'm not interested in that so much as much as a good enjoyable story with horror elements. I think the P.A. films deliver excellent in these regards - and from the amount of cash these films are making, I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Mm. I thought this one looked funny from the previews I saw on TV. Not scary... funny. Like, comedic.
    Yeah, I was laughing my ass off the other day when I saw a trailer.

Also, I nominate the title of this thread as the best thread title ever on HPotD.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How anyone could expect a horror film out of this is beyond me. I actually laughed all the way through the first one. They might as well turn this into a MTV reality series. Same audience...

Undisclosed
    Saw it last night and was fairly impressed. It definitely made me jump. That "Casper" scene was especially clever.